Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to hear from you Uni. It’s a busy time of year.

I managed to squeeze in one more hike before Christmas.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Well, we're past Christmas Day and soon to be into the new year. I have quite a few good things to report... I have a warm home (hope it stays that way) in this 40 below deep freeze weather... I have a decent supply of food so don't have to get groceries right away.... I had my prescriptions delivered at no charge... on Christmas Day two people came over for food and festivities after we did at-home covid tests, and it was great to get together... I got a few nice presents... I gave a few nice presents... with no big family gatherings I've been calmer this December than usual, and I like it!
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thank you for sharing 'a few good things to report' Uni. I arrived and returned from my Christmas family destination all in one piece.

My one good thing is that I finally found a roofer willing to drive out here and fix some damage caused by our 140Km winds awhile back. Fingers crossed the warm weather really does come!
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Well AJ I don't know about where you are, but where I am it got up to minus one today! Happy dance time!
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Today's good thing is I got to talk with a lady who was out snowshoeing in a green space near me. Now I'm wondering if I should try snowshoeing. However, I may be too lazy
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Ha. I’m in Southern Alberta Uni. We seem to be out of the deep freeze, and the snow drifts for now.

I'm hoping to hike this weekend, no snowshoes!

my one good thing will be after the hike!
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I hope you get to do the hike AJ - snow makes the scenery so beautiful!

Today I had a lovely phone call with a friend I hadn't talked to in a long time. We'd been playing phone tag off and on for ages. One day you eventually win!
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

We did get out yesterday. It was a beautiful day. IMG_5459.JPG

I'm glad you had a nice chat with your friend Uni.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Such gorgeous scenery! Thanks for the photo

Today the temperature got to one degree above zero! Also I bought myself a pot of miniature daffodils to grow. I hope. I tend to kill plants off, but at least these are starting out cute!
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Let's hope they live a long life Uni.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I hope so too AJ!

Now on to today's good thing... I do some volunteer work that requires virtual meetings on a platform called Webex. Webex and I do not get along well! In fact, if Webex were a human I'd say they were holding a grudge against me. So this time, I tried getting onto the meeting via a different method, and voila! All was tickety-boo I did three trial runs last night and wrote myself a bunch of instructions. Will it work again next time? Tune in six weeks from now
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

You go girl!
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks AJ!

Good thing today - my daffodils have one more bloom, for a total of three
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That's progress Uni.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Bad new is, I overwatered the daffodils,plus I couldn't give them enough sun,so they ended up dying. Good news is I enjoyed them while they lasted! Also good news, I've discovered a TV series that I really like. on DVD from the library. It's called "Kim's Convenience". I find it really funny, plus it's Canadian which is a bonus. I know it's been around for a while but I haven't had TV hookup for a few years so it's new to me. Nice light comedy with a touch of emotional cuteness, really good to watch a few episodes on a day when the world seems to be in love with unhappiness!
                                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                                X