X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ
    replied
    That is a nice snow angel story.

I can relate to tackling such jobs in small bits.

Sometimes things aren’t what they seem.
    One of my neighbours in my last neighbourhood suddenly stopped shovelling his sidewalk. It turns out that he took a bad spill and injured his arm. Three months later he was shovelling again.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    I live in a multiple dwelling with a bit of yard space. I've been disappointed in my landlord lately. He's started a couple of sideline businesses and I think he's almost too busy for his own good. Well, for mine anyway. He used to keep the sidewalks clear of snow. Not sure what's up, but this year he has done nothing.

I have to shovel my own parking space, but that's always been the case. Sometimes I used to shovel the sidewalks too, but I have a minor injury that's keeping me doing any more shoveling than necessary right now. Clearing my parking space takes a few tries; I'm careful but I get there.

Anyway, last night I heard the sound of shoveling. So I poked my head out see if it was the landlord, as we'd been texting about something that needs fixing. Turns out the shoveler was a fellow who's temporarily staying next door. He was waiting for a pizza to be delivered and decided to clear the walk while he was waiting. Yay! A snow angel So that's a good thing that happened in the last 24 hours

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Eating to stay warm, well of course! Got a ride today to a little social event where I made sure to put doughnut and pie fuel into my body

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    You're a brave soul Uni. Eating is very important in these temperatures, to stay warm of course.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good thing in the past 24 hours: I bundled up, went out for a walk, and didn't freeze! Only minus 31 (minus 43 with wind chill) - yikes! I tried to stay out of the wind, which helped, and it wasn't a very long walk, so I actually enjoyed it
    Last edited by uni; January 12, 2024, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing is that I went outside to see if my car needed digging out from our overnight snowfall, and it didn't! We've had snow alright, and I had to brush some off, but it sort of blew over and away for the most part. No doubt it helped that someone visiting next door blocked the wind by parking their truck beside my car I'm grateful for small mercies!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I’m glad you’re enjoying the show Uni. I have never watched it myself.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Today's good thing, aside from the unseasonably mild and dry weather, is that I enjoyed indulging in an episode of Downton Abbey. I'm into the final season with only two more episodes left to watch. It ends with the Christmas one, so I'll spread the viewing out. I love that show!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I will second you on the mild November and no snow shovelling. It's such a nice break. I've been raking leaves until the end of last week. LOL

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    A good thing today, and all month actually - no snow to shovel! Just a dusting of it. And it's late November! This almost never happens.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    One good thing right now is that after a day of ups and downs yesterday emotionally and otherwise, I woke up feeling a lot better this morning. And as today wore on a few things went my way, which was a bonus. Two medical appointments took nowhere near the time I thought they would, so I was able to dawdle and enjoy some soup with a friend, and later do some much needed journaling. Now I'm going to indulge in some mindless TV for the evening.

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Holy cow! That's a lot of kids! Sounds like fun
    I ended up getting zero.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    I’m visiting a family member who gets 300
    kids!

Leave a comment:

• uni
    replied
    Speaking of Halloween treats, today's good thing is I have a few goodies on hand. Which I may well have to eat myself, because the last few years have brought zero kids to my door. Maybe they think I'm a witch - I'm not one! Honest! In truth I think the pickings are too good in the next neighbourhood, plus I live on a busy street with no accessible dwellings on the other side. Which means deadheading, and I know I never liked that as a goblin collecting loot!

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    One good thing today is being outside in one of the last days of our nice fall.

One good thing about halloween is 'taking care of' the leftover halloween treats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X