Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a lovely day AJ. I will hold it in memory, having awakened to snow this morning! Hmm... can I somehow turn the snow into that today's good thing? Requires thought
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Well you could Uni, but our 25 cm of snow with leaves on trees left quite the mess in the yard. I have an arborist coming tomorrow to tackle all the broken branches on the poplar tree.

The good news in all that is that someone must be happy about all the moisture!
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That's a lot of snow to start the season with! I hope your tree cleanup goes well. Are they white or black poplars? We have black ones in this neighbourhood and they shed a lot of sticky fluff in spring and tons of leaves in fall. However, they are tall and beautiful year round.

I love trees. I used to live in a house near some low overhead power lines, and the city trimmed the trees regularly. Each tree ended up looking like the letter "V" in order to make space for the lines. Looked kind of funny but it was a lot better than cutting them down!
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Today's good thing is I bought a few Christmas cards. I'm not one to rush the season, but I do enjoy sending cards. These are special, for special people. They are pop-outs that fold into pretty scenes. I came across them in a local store while looking for something else, so I nabbed them, as they can be hard to find. Made my day
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I like cards with outdoor scenery. I don’t send as many as I used to but I do prefer them over e-cards. There’s a little town down the road and one of the locals makes beautiful cards.

I’m glad you found them while they still had some Uni.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Todays good thing - I did some writing in a little coffee shop I sometimes go to. The area has parking meters, and guess what? There were 45 minutes left on the one I pulled up to . A small thing, but it brought a smile to my face
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Uni it sounds like you have some cool little coffee shops there. It's a good way to 'get out'. Bonus on the meter.

My one good thing is finally getting in a hike in the mountains with a good friend, and 2 dogs of course. The weather out there was beautiful. The deep snow was a little tough on my old joints, but I managed with my gimpy limp.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello uni, I've had quite a trying last week but I've been feeling better the past couple of days. One good thing that happened to me in the last 24 hours: I got a new bed. Sleep is huge for me, it's important and I love to sleep. So yay, I am pretty happy with my new bed.

Comment

Welcome Annie_Cresta44, and thanks for posting. I'm glad you're feeling a little better. A new bed sounds like just the ticket!
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

AJ, I really admire how you get out and hike with your dog, especially in the winter when the snow could be an easy deterrent. I'm glad you enjoyed the time outdoors!
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Welcome to the forums Annie_Cresta44.

I'm on a hurry up and wait list for a new hip Uni. End stage arthritis I'm told. My doc has no idea how I'm able to do what I do. I suspect it's a lifetime of being active and in shape, and a whole lot of stubborn!
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Oh my, AJ -- I can't imagine how you do it! I hope the hurry up and wait doesn't take too long. I'm glad you're in the queue
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

A good thing today: I actually bought a few stocking stuffers. I don't like shopping much, so every little bit helps!
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I'm right there with you on the shopping Uni. Stocking stuffers can be fun, the stores not so much. It's right there under my burning desire to clean out a chicken coup. LOL
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

My one good thing for the day was a great cup of morning coffee. 7908CC0D-B357-4481-8F9F-23A3BB1FCBD6.jpg
                                Attached Files
                                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                                X