Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke my arm in my second year and required two surgeries. I found my profs to be very accommodating.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

It kind of floors me, because the administration is very NOT accommodating when it comes to my mental health, to the point that I'm literally not allowed to reach out to profs if I'm struggling, but with the physical issue I was encouraged to reach out first thing. Honestly, it makes me really angry!
      Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

Gossip, it’s very disappointing to hear they did not support your mental health. I just assumed they were supporting you with that as well. After my first post I realized I also assumed your gender so sorry about suggesting knitting etc if it’s not your thing but I’m sure you got the idea.

It’s so frustrating that all of the advocacy being done around mental illness does not apply to universities and colleges. Mental illness is part of the brain which is a physical part of the human body!

Im glad you are feeling hopeful with being able to exercise. Wish I got joy from exercise.
        Last edited by Rosey; October 10, 2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

That would make me angry too Gossip.

oh and my one good thing for the day is that the sun is out and it warmed up
          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

uni, the old administration used to be very supportive, but there have been some changes in the ranks at the top and things are very different now! I want the old crew back!!

But my midterm today felt easy, so that's something.

Comment

Congratulations on writing the exam Gossip, especially since it felt easy

So today's good thing is that I went walking in the park with a good friend and her dog.
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Dog walks are the best!

Comment

An easy midterm is great. I agree, dog walks are the best! (Click on picture)
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

We have Labs too! Purebred or mixed?

Yesterday Mom picked me up so I could come home for the long weekend without risking driving on the highway while still concussed.

Comment

That's a good idea Gossip. She is a rescue and has mostly lab, some doberman, and a splash of shepherd in her.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today I broke a sweat moving furniture around. Moving and housework are free workouts!

Comment

Yes they are!
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm happy that this thread is still going.... for me, it's today's good thing
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Uni, you are too funny!

Comment

Uni, I was referring to the bird dung on the car. One good thing that happened to me today was I started clearing out all my old files/papers, which included paperwork related to my deceased parents. I feel a need for order, and to reduce everything to the essentials. It's almost as if, by doing so, I'm trying to clear my mind so I can function better. Sometimes, though, I can get these spurts of throwing everything out, including what I need.

Comment

Working...
                                X