Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday my hubby and I actually had a day off on the same day!
    Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

Now that's something to celebrate. My spouse and I worked opposite shifts for 5 years.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I spent the weekend in a field in Cochrane at a music festival. It was freezing and raining and some of my stuff went missing when I left the site for a bit. I was flying solo because my husband and son and I all three listen to very different music. But I had a blast and it was 1000% worth it even with everything. And I got to meet my favourite singer right after she sang one of my favourite songs, and she gave me a big hug. It was an amazing weekend!

Comment

Such a lot of good things to catch up on here!
          Paul, I'm particularly thinking of you with the cancer checkup, I'm so glad it's good news!

My one good thing is that, after having my car fixed and finding the mechanic left something undone, it is now (supposedly) good to go many more km. I plan on a little road trip to test it.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Enjoy the road trip Uni.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello All. The wife and I went out for supper the other night and celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary.. Take Care. paul m
              "Alone we can do so little;
              Together we can do so much"
              Helen Keller

Comment

That's wonderful Paul! Congratulations to you and your wife, 43 years is pretty amazing
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I did enjoy the road trip, although I was a little reluctant to go too far so ended up at a nice little golf course a few km out of town, where I enjoyed sitting on the deck with a coffee and did a bit of writing. It was a quiet day midweek so that was nice.

A good thing happened a couple of days ago. A teenage niece who (whom?) I rarely get to see was in town. The two of us spent the afternoon doing touristy stuff and going for ice cream.. I think we made a few nice memories
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Uni that sounds like my kind of a road trip if it includes nature and coffee.

Paul, congratulations to you and your wife. That's awesome.
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Wow paul m... we're at 19 years this year. 43 is a goal for sure. Congratulations!

uni both your road trip and your time with your niece sound lovely!

I've been making quite a splash at work by both keeping my work up to date and still having time to clean up a bunch of backlogged stuff that had been sitting. I'm covering for a friend, and while I'd never set out to make her look bad the staff who are used to working with her are pretty happy with me

Comment

That's awesome Gossip.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Gossip. Good for you. Take Care. paul m
                          "Alone we can do so little;
                          Together we can do so much"
                          Helen Keller

Comment

Loving this thread - It has been a great pick-me-up!

Paul M - I am very happy to hear your cancer check offered good results!!

Comment

One good thing: some flowers I thought were done with have started to re-bloom! Don't know what kind they are, little yellow fragile looking ones that came in the same pot as the geraniums I bought this summer. They are doing better than the geraniums!
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Today's good thing : I got a very satisfying deal on some Kijiji furniture and a (new to me) sewing machine!

Comment

Working...
                                X