Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here, and this was a good first topic to land on. It's good to read about what's going well for people.

My good thing is that I just evolved a Whismur into a Loudred.

Okay, it's not Earth-shaking, but I'll take what I can get!
    --
    Just hit pause...

Comment

Good thing: I needed new pants for an upcoming job interview and the store I happened to go into had a 50% off sale (and pants that fit!)
      (Oh - and I have a job interview! )

Uni - was the book that was launched a mental health related book? Something worth a read?

Comment

Good luck with your job interview Kaight.

One good thing, I found a bat in our yard yesterday, and this AM it was gone. Whew.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Yesterday I got to do a difficult catheter placement in a dog.
          Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

These are all great things to celebrate!
            AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
            for not being what they believe they should be.
            -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Wow, they really are! Pants and job interviews and bats and dogs and something called a Loudred (gotta look that one up).

The good thing for me in the last 24 hours has been that I ran into a former co-worker and we had a great time catching up on stuff. There are a few people like that from work who I miss being around, the kind who bring humour and energy to those around them. So it made my day

Congrats Gossip on the dog operation, if I had a pet I'd take it to you

Kaight, thanks for asking about the book It's a collection of poems written by a variety of people with mental health issues. It's not very big, and only available locally. The authors each get some copies to sell and keep the money. It would be nice to get them onto the web somehow, but many of the people involved are either unable to use a computer or have no access to one. Which is one reason why this small book is a big deal.

Btw I understand the joy of getting pants that actually fit! For half price! I'd take six pair!
              Last edited by uni; September 22, 2019, 12:12 AM.
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Ok it's time for another good thing. I got my hair cut and streaked. Not a huge change, but I like it better.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I see some posts disappeared.

I got the medical note I needed (which I should have gotten in the first place but didn't) to sign me off school most of next week.

Comment

I'm glad you got the medical note you needed, Gossip, but sorry to hear you haven't been well. I guess that was part of the posts that apparently went missing. I hope things look up for you very soon.
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks uni! At least it's physical this time, rather than mental. Neither one is great, obviously, but injury is easier to bounce back from.

Comment

My scrambled brain lasted just long enough for me to write my midterm this morning (concussion).

Comment

Had a positive development in a court case. Without giving details, a judge's ruling means we won't have to take expensive steps to move our case along.
                          --
                          Just hit pause...

Comment

I canned some peaches and also some free russet apples off of a tree near by. Some of the things that I have to deal with that are normally really stressful have been easy for me to cope with! That’s two things but they have made my week. Now I’m going bake some apple cranberry squares and freeze them so I don’t eat them all.

Comment

Gossip, I remember the stress of exams but with a concussion....just can’t imagine.

AnnonGuy2020, good luck with a speedy court case.

Comment

My brain's still fairly scrambled, but all the profs have been great about me needing to step out or miss classes and quizzes and stuff when I'm just not up to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X