Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s amazing what a visual will do to lift the spirits.
    I’ve been doing more FaceTime with people these days.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Sounds great AJ. Can you tell me if Facetime is like Skype? And does it only work on iphones?

Today's good thing is that I sat down and journaled for the first time in a couple of months. It felt good.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Yes Facetime is only available with iPhones and iPads. However I'm sure android devices would have their own apps. The nice thing about Facetime is it uses data rather than cellular service charges.

I've used Skype. That's certainly an option, as long as you have a camera on your computer or laptop. With Apple products, I find Facetime the most convenient.
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks AJ!
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I have lots of groceries and no need to go shopping, so my plan for Easter treats is hard boiled eggs decorated in bright colours. Which should be fun And now, thanks to a friend I will have something more! She sent me a text saying the Easter Bunny came early and left something outside on my deck. A chocolate bunny! Made my day!
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I went for a beautiful long walk today. There's still lots of snow where I live, but the puddles are beginning, so it was an interesting walk over pavement, mud, ice, water, and snow in turn!

A local man and cancer patient has started a bit of a trend: he uses his snowshoes to spell out "Hope" beside walking trails. So (without snowshoes) I made a "Hope" message where I go walking. I found out why he wears them -- I fell through the snow a few times, but had my high boots on, so all went well!
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Happy non snow shoeing!
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Yesterday was our last day of classes for the year.
                  Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

Hooray for you Gossip, you made it through the year I know it hasn't been easy. I hope that you can kick back a bit now, and do little or nothing, like much of the population right now!
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I'm thinking of growing a few vegetables in pots on my balcony, which will be a first for me. I used to have a garden in a former life, so I'm hoping it's like riding a bike and I'll remember how to do it! The other day I received the seeds I ordered, so that's a step in the right direction!
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Gossip. I'm happy for you finishing your school year. Take Care. paul m
                        "Alone we can do so little;
                        Together we can do so much"
                        Helen Keller

Comment

Well... I have 7 final exams before I'm finished-finished. But being done the actual class part is definitely a start!

The pharmacy error In January/February caused me to flip into a mania. Came down from that in early March into a depression, complete with a suicidal week. I'm mostly leveled out now - my moods are all over the place, but to a degree that's understandable given the situation. My husband is immunosuppressed and works in the ER in the biggest hospital in the city. But my moods and sleep have really been suffering since the gym closed and I had to go cold turkey from 5 days a week. Our place is tiny and the rooms are awkwardly shaped to the point that I'd literally have to drag the coffee table into the front yard to make any kind of usable space for a home workout. So at my appointment the other day my doc got after me a bit for it... now that the sidewalks are clear I have orders to at least go for a brisk walk every day to get some fresh air and sunshine and get me heart rate up. Okay point taken. So I did that yesterday and it was a good thing.
                          Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

I bet you'll be doing a jig when you finish those exams Gossip. Enjoy your brisk walks.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Wow Gossip, it sounds like you've had a lot to contend with! A week of feeling suicidal sounds really tough I'm so glad you're starting to get a chance at a bit of normalcy. A walk on clear sidewalks these days is a real treat -- I hope you continue to enjoy the exercise, and feel better as the days go by.
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

A good thing today... drove my car to a different part of town in order to take advantage of a walking trail along the river. Really enjoyable
                                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                                X