X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A river walk sounds nice!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm pretty sure at least one good thing has happened since the last post here.

Today I found a baby Robin in the grass. Her Mamma is coming to feed her, so I'm hopeful she will be okay.
      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks for reviving this thread AJ! I thought maybe people were tired of it so quit posting. Right now I think we need good news more than ever!

How is your baby robin doing? They are the sweetest little creatures! There were a couple of young robin "twins" on my balcony one day. They sat there like statues for the longest time.then flew off when the mother showed up.

In other good news (thinking hard here)... I got groceries the other day and have a decent supply of toilet paper
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I found a dead robin in the grass today. I'm not sure if it's the same one.

Thinking really hard here... I get to hike with a friend this weekend, weather permitting!
          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. I hope that you got your hike in ok. Over the last few days we've been camping/and or just driving around and have been lucky enough to see a variety of baby animals. Hello Uni. I'm glad that you got a supply of toilet paper. Running short would worry me too. It would remind me too much of the good old days with an outdoor privy and an Eaton's catalog when shortages occurred. I mean where would you find a catalog these days. LOL.. Take Care. paul m
            "Alone we can do so little;
            Together we can do so much"
            Helen Keller

Comment

I had a great hike. This hike I took a lot of pictures of wild flowers. The mountains and rivers were so beautiful. The buffalo berries are plentiful. Thankfully we didn’t run into any bears feasting on them.
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

It sounds like you had a fantastic experience AJ! I'm conjuring up pictures in my mind By the way, what exactly are buffalo berries?

The other day I went to a lovely park near here for an outdoor meetup with a friend. It was great. I forgot until it was almost time to leave that bear warnings were out for the area.!
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

It was awesome.

https://www.google.com/search?q=buff...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Bears loves them! If you see berries, bear scat or paw prints, time to find another trail, bear spray or not!
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks for the berry information AJ. At first I thought they looked liked pin cherries but apparently not. I'm no berry expert but I do enjoy a lot of them, especially straight from the plant. Blueberries are yummy but I like Saskatoons even better!

One good thing... yesterday a friend and I had a social distance lawn chair visit near a walking trail by the river. The river is at a high level right now due to heavy rains upstream. The temperature was hot but the breeze was cool and the sky was alive with changing clouds. One of them looked like a poodle. This is my life during Covid
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That sounds like a great lawn chair visit. And the mosquitoes didn't eat you? They're out in full force here. If you cross a field, you better be running!
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

The mosquitoes might have eaten us, but we were fine thanks to the wind and some dragonflies aka "mosquito hawks". My balcony in the evening is a different story!

Today's good thing is I own an air conditioner

uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

This evening, my 5 mo. Finnish Lapphund puppy, Charlie, played with all his best friends at the dog park, PLUS a new friend, this lovely 14 weeks old Whippet dog with a cute black 'mask'.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Drose. I bet you have a very cute puppy!
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Welcome to the forums Drose. Take Care, paul m
                              "Alone we can do so little;
                              Together we can do so much"
                              Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you paul m and AJ :-).

Comment

Working...
                                X