Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A serendipitous (is that a word?) good thing today: I was out for a drive, and stopped in a shady spot on a sidestreet to make a phone call. Then an old neighbour from my childhood wandered by. He used to own the neighbourhood "corner store", and seeing him triggered memories of penny candies (yes you could buy a candy for a penny back in the dark ages lol) He was just out for a walk. We chatted, he pointed out his wife on the deck of a nearby house, then he and his walking stick went on their way. When I drove away past their house we all waved. Made my day
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That sounds like a very nice encounter. I remember buying candies for a penny and chocolate bars for a dime.

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today I went for a very comfortable cool early morning walk with my dog Bella. I only had to bring one bottle of water to boot!
        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That sounds really enjoyable AJ. I went for a walk today also, but by myself, and there was such a chilly wind I had to wear a scarf and windbreaker. I did enjoy it though!
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

We just got back from a week camping. The weather was spotty but we were able to have a fire 6 nights out of 7, plus we got in plenty of walks. Take Care, paul m
            "Alone we can do so little;
            Together we can do so much"
            Helen Keller

Comment

I'm curious Paul, how do you get off the ground in the AM, I just can't do it anymore? All kidding aside, I'm glad it was enjoyable.
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. I can't get off an air mattress either anymore. We have a really small travel trailer that we use. It''s not very big but it does keep us off of the ground and on a mattress. Take Care. paul m.
                Helen Keller

Comment

Well there's a good option.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

A good thing today, and for several days, has been a run of good sleeps. Always helps.

Paul, I'm glad to hear you got to go camping. I'm a bit envious! Being out in nature for a few days and going for walks sounds so good. Camping can be a lot of trouble to do, but worth it.
                    Last edited by uni; August 25, 2020, 03:06 PM.
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I've determined that being of help to someone is good for my mood. Yesterday I got to feel like I made a difference to my recently widowed sister-in-law. I phoned her and we had a really good chat, not only about my brother but other things too. She also made a difference to me by saying she finds me relaxing to talk to. I think it was a win-win.
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Sure sounds like it Uni. Good chats are important to have once in awhile. They keep us 'connected'.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

The latest good thing is that I had two phone calls yesterday with friends I haven't talked to for a little while. I thoroughly enjoyed them.
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

One good thing is a beautiful summer day, in spite of a 3C start at 6AM.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

One good thing was we camped for 5 days near our sons and got to see our grandkids (3) a lot and they loved the campfire and roasting marshmallow. Take Care. paul m
                              Helen Keller

Comment

Marshmallows, I'm in!
                                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                                X