Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a nice surprise today when I found out there was a coffee shop open that I could go to. I sat in the corner and did some writing and thoroughly enjoyed the time spent. I've been able to do that quite a bit lately. They have all protocols in place, distancing, sanitizing etc. for Covid so I feel comfortable. Also there were only 2 other customers in the place, so that was good.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Uni. I'm glad that you enjoyed your day. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

That sounds like a very peaceful creative coffee shop visit Uni.

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

My dog Bella got sprayed by a skunk today. The one good thing is that most of it was in the face. A bath in a very effective 'skunk recipe' was still in order.
          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello AJ. My sympathy to you and Bella. You may already know this, but sometimes when a dog gets sprayed they hunt for skunks. I had one dog that I had to leave on leash or she would actively search out skunks after she got sprayed. I guess that they are trying to get even. Take Care. paul m
            Helen Keller

Comment

The little bugger was hiding in the tall grass along the gravel road. Bella was on a 6 ft leash but she yanked me into the tall grass, as soon as her nose registered that skunk!
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Bella getting skunk sprayed - ack! Sounds like fun - not - for both of you. I've heard that due to the reduced travels of humans during the pandemic, some of the animals are increasing their numbers and territory. Seems to be happening around here with skunks, rabbits, and moles.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Well I hope this resident skunk moves along!
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

One good thing in the last 24 hours for me personally is I overcame some technological &%$# that was driving me bananas. Ack! I'm self taught at computer stuff and that's the main problem

In spite of that I managed to get linked into a WebEx meeting. I've used Zoom and Skype but was avoiding having to learn WebEx too. However, I was motivated because some volunteer work I do with mental health required it. I came close to resigning from the organization due to my frustration, but managed to survive the meeting ok. So we'll see what the next couple of months brings. We meet again in November. I fully expect to have forgotten everything I've learned about WebEx by then

Anyway, that's my personal good news in the the last 24 hours. In the larger picture, there was good news at the meeting: some government funding has come through involving youth and crisis intervention. It's heartbreaking that our young people need so much help in the first place, but good that they'll hopefully get more in the not-too-distant future.
                    Last edited by uni; September 25, 2020, 01:36 PM.
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni. Congrats on learning something new on your computer. I always try to find other methods of communicating and avoiding having to try and master my computer for programs like Zoom or Skype. And I don't even know what WebEx is. I'm glad that you were able to learn the system and not have to resign. Take Care paul m.
                      Helen Keller

Comment

Good for you Uni! I have the good fortune of being a techy nerd, but the country internet connection s my biggest challenge.

My hats off to you for the volunteer work you're doing.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

AJ we probably all need one of you in our homes! My nephew is a techy nerd but he lives far away. He'll help me over the phone, but I don't want to overload the poor guy with requests for help (I easily could) although I do go to him if I'm really stuck. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I like to figure things out myself if at all possible. With tech stuff there's usually nobody handy to walk me through, who also has patience with slow senior learners like me! So it often takes much gnashing of teeth and googling and youtube and trial and error and standing on my head and if that doesn't work I set everything aside and try another day. But the time it takes! And I wonder where my days go
                          As for today's good thing, I managed a patio visit in the country with two of my sisters (one lives there). Probably the last chance weather wise this year. The trees are glorious fall colours -- what a treat!
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Good morning everyone. Winter is here, yuck. My one good thing is that I have lots of warm cloths to layer up in for dog walks, and a very handy snow blower for all this snow!
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Anyone?
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi AJ! One "anyone" is here, namely me Other "anyone"s are welcome to chime in!

Today's good thing is I'm on here thinking about one good thing. Which I think counts as today's good thing. However, I will add another good thing, just because. Last night I had a nice phone call with a friend who hadn't been available to talk to for quite a while. She's a very calm type of person, which helped me because I was getting a bit anxious about things over which I have no control. I do have control over a few things, so I'm trying to concentrate on them. Mainly my behaviours. And if I ever get them sorted out I can worry about the rest of the world
                                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                                X