Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I'm looking forward to warmer weather too. A good thing today, and for a few days running now, is the sunshine coming in my windows. I stand at the balcony doors while talking on the phone and drinking something, and it lifts my spirits.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

One good thing today is that my car started right off the bat. I thought it might not because it has sat for a couple of weeks in the cold. I plugged it in overnight, and today voila! I didn't drive it anywhere, that will come in the next few days when it's a bit warmer.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

No boost required. There’s a plus Uni.

AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Two days of fresh air and doggie walks feels
          amazing!
          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

One good thing, is staying at home in the pandemic leaves lots of time for baking! Have you heard? Covid calories don't count.
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

No I hadn't heard that! I feel so much better about the chocolate unbaked cookies I made! Which also is today's good thing!
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but last night I slept for over 12 hours!
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I bet your body thought so.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Yes, I think my body appreciated it

Now for today's good thing. I had an old recipe I'd been given and never used, which I made up. It's super quick and easy, involving an angel food cake mix and some crushed pineapple. Quite a nice treat!
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That sounds yummy Uni.

My one good thing is that my parents got their first Covid vaccine today, so I can not worry so much for them.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That is good news AJ! I can understand how that could help to calm your worries. My sister-in-law has had both shots, and my oldest sister just had her first, so things seem to be slowly progessing, fingers crossed.

For my personal good thing, I have decided to be kind to myself and set no particular goals today. Well, other than a bath/shower and a walk. Usually I have a loose framework of a few things to do, but today (aside from a phone appointment with my psychiatrist), I'll kick them around as and when I please. Am currently sitting with a coffee after a late lunch of eggs and toast. I think my brain is tired.
                        Last edited by uni; March 9, 2021, 03:52 PM. Reason: Tired brain
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I think a flexible day with no ' have to' list is great. As a society we can be so task orientated, it's good to give ourselves a break!
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Yesterday did me good. Body, mind, and spirit all got some replenishment and I feel the difference today. I actually felt like tackling some financial and utility business by phone, catching up on emails, etc. I'm going to keep an eye on body/mind/spirit a bit more these days, as I'm very worried about a sick family member, and that takes a toll even though I don't dwell on it.

I went walking today for over an hour, which was a feat considering all the ice (it was water yesterday). Temperatures just below freezing, not much wind, very refreshing. It was a good thing
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you have a sick family member Uni. A refreshing walk while staying upright is always a good thing!
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank you AJ. I

Today I tried something out of character, which I hope is a good thing -- I baked cookies! I rarely bake. This could be a slippery slope as there's only me to eat them
                                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                                X