Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished up the raking the lawn and my neighbour was headed down to see if I wanted the lawn aerated. Bonus, he did it for me! We called it the neighbourhood rental for the day. Everyone pitched in for the cost and we had the machine on our street for the day.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

What a great idea! Sounds like it worked out well.

Today's good thing is the crocuses are out!
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I cleaned up the flower beds and there is life popping up out of the soil!

AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today's good thing is I submitted a couple of photographs to a competition. I've done it before and never won anything, but you never know!
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Good afternoon Uni,

That's a great idea. I dable in photography and find it very relaxing to take pictures.

Mocha231

Comment

My latest good thing is that I found some pussy willows yesterday while out walking. There's a path near me that goes alongside a drainage ditch (I call it a creek because that makes feel like I'm in the country ). I noticed some willow trees that were accessible now that the spring runoff has subsided. I picked a few short branches, brought them home and found a pretty vase, and voila! I get to enjoy them while doing things around the house! I'm way too pleased about this - I don't get out much these days
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I will celebrate this little joy with you from a cyber distance.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today had good and not so good. The not so good was waking up to finding water all over the bathroom floor. The good was that it was an easy fix - the washing machine hose had leaked and my landlord was able to fix it.
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That's definitely a good and a not so good. (Unlike a sewer backup which is all around very bad!)
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today's good thing is that my sister was given an old (early 1900's old) photo of my grandfather and a few other people. She messaged it to me; what a treasure!
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Today I talked to a couple of people who have some pretty heavy loads to carry right now. It gave me some perspective. I'm counting my blessings and glad to be alive. There have been many days when being alive wasn't something I considered good, so I'm glad that I'm glad. If you follow. And I'm also glad I could be a listening ear for someone.
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Years ago my mom gave me a set of matching bedding. I still sometimes use the comforter. It needed to be washed but is pretty old so I wasn't sure it would hold together. Well, the good thing is it did! Yay!
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni. The photo sounds very cool. I love old photos and the stories behind them.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today I was able to celebrate a friend's birthday with a lawn chair visit (distanced of course, so no hugs). It was perfect weather and very enjoyable
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That's great that the weather allowed a visit. Covid is not quite as difficult to deal with when we can get outside and visit.
                                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                                X