Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I got to be a listening ear for a troubled friend. It was a good thing for me, and also for her. As much as I love this forum, I miss the in-person mental health group I was involved in that COVID-19 shut down. So it felt kind of like "home" to converse about depression and anxiety specifically with my friend. I hadn't realized just how much I was missing that, but I was, and now my friend and I both feel a little better.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I miss the in person conversations too. Someone told me that they're all zoomed out, she said it's a thing, and I believe her! The one good thing for today is that I appreciated the ability to give and receive a smile. You can do that outdoors without breaking any Covid protocols.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks for reminder about smiling I go for a walk almost every day. Some people smile and some not. I always wonder what sort of day they're having. I usually smile at people but if I'm having a rotten day I might not. Still, it's good to do even then if I make a point of it.
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

This is one of those days when I'm having trouble coming up with a good thing.... well, how about this: I put my radio onto an 1980's and 90's channel and got some good old rock & roll. "Here for a good time, not a long time", "Another one bites the dust", and more. I'd like to hear "Raise a little hell", that song always gives me hope in some strange way
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

“Raise a little hell” requires cranking up the radio!
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

My one good thing today is that the sump pump decided to die while the plumber was here fixing another issue!
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Wow, talk about timing with the sump pump! A definite good thing!

As for today, my good thing was the progress I made in editing some writing from last week
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Can I ask what you are writing? Journaling?
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Just saw your question now AJ. I've been writing some memoir pieces, and also a bit of poetry. I had one poem that wasn't working, so I set it aside. Went back to it, chopped of the last three lines and voila!. Less is more, in this case
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Very nice Uni.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today I treated myself to a pretty basket of bright flowers for my balcony! Pinky-orange geraniums, and little purple blossoms with a long name that went in one ear and out the other. I really enjoyed browsing through the greenhouse, with the colours and aroma of freshly watered plants. Mmmm... and now here I sit with a cold drink, admiring them
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

What a nice thing to do for yourself UnI!

My one good thing for today is that I’m giving myself a day off from yard work.
                          (We have 0.7 acres, lots to do).
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That's a big yard. I seem to recall you mentioning something about a riding lawn mower, so there has to be a lot of grass! Things grow really fast right now too. I'm glad you got to take a break!

A good thing right now is that some car repairs I thought might be necessary have turned out not to be. And a much bigger good thing is that there's been some improvement in the health of a family member who has been very sick.
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi uni and AJ, jumping in here to this 'one good thing' thread because I like the idea of this practice

Uni, that sounds like a big relief to not have to shell out the big bucks for a car repair! That is the best feeling. My friend's car was recently making a lot of weird noises and shaking - we thought it would be a big, costly repair. She took it in and turns out the whole issue was that she had a ton of sand and dirt stuck around the wheels. They power-washed it and didn't charge her a dime. We thought the whole thing was pretty hilarious!

On a more important note, very glad to hear as well that your family member's health showed some improvement. I sincerely hope that their health continues to improve. And I hope you are able to take care of yourself, too, if you have been involved in caretaking for them in any way.

One good thing for me today is that the sun is shining and I'm going to take myself for a date. I have the house to myself today and being alone is often a struggle for me, but I'm trying to make the best of it. I try to remind myself that it is possible to feel differently about being alone - that I could look forward to it, and have a great day by myself.

Comment

I hope you enjoy your alone day Nellie.

I once had a huge rock stuck in a wheel well and it sounded like the end of life for that car. It turned out to be a simple fix. Whew.
                                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                                X