Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds like a perfect fall day activity. I managed to get another fall hike in before we switch to winter hikes, and all that winter gear.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

A good fun thing - I put up some simple but cute halloween decorations in the yard
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Today's good thing: while out walking, I ran into a former co-worker of mine. We had a nice little visit, and it left both of us smiling
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

The weather was beautiful today. Hopefully we get a few more days of nice weather before it starts to get colder. Sitting near a river sounds lovely.

Mocha231

Comment

I'm glad you enjoyed your time by the river Mocha231.

Snow heading our way tomorrow. It will be time for the winter hiking gear.

AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Did you get that snow AJ? If so, has it stayed?

Some days it takes a lot of looking in order to find a good thing.

Like today. You know, the kind of day when your computer gets balky, you burn supper, and it looks like the car might be leaking oil. Then, for a distraction, you read the latest news - enough already! Just not a lot going on that feels particularly good.

However, after some thought I do recall having a bit of fun -- I put the finishing touches on a couple of Halloween treat bags for a special family I know. So that was a good thing. And now that I think of it, the jazz music on my radio is sounding pretty cool... so things are looking up
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Yes we got that snow! We went from raking leaves to shoveling snow the next day. Ugh. Wait, one good thing, the trees looked really pretty this AM.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Snow, yes it is certainly beautiful to look at! We got 7 inches of the stuff the other day, the first of the season. Needless to say I've been getting exercise by shoveling, and pushing through in my high boots on a couple of walking paths. The good thing is, it's all exercise and fresh air
                  uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Our snow came and went, and it was back to raking leaves here. After filling 50 Costco sized plastic bags (we reuse them), I am so over raking leaves!

On a good note, no snow makes hiking easier.
                    AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Holy smokes AJ, back to leaves?! 50 bags full - yikes!

This week we got two extra heavy snow dumps - winter wonderland with a vengeance! I've actually enjoyed the shoveling though, because the temperature has been quite mild.

So today's good thing is I bought myself a new boom box (yes they actually still make them ) My old one gradually gave up playing cassette tapes, and then CD's, and finally the AM radio. I'm listening to the new one as I write this, and am so pleased to have AM and FM and CDs and tapes all at my fingertips! My collection isn't very big, but I do have lots that I enjoy and this way I can avoid learning how to stream stuff using bluetooth and other technology, therefore procrastinating successfully
                      Last edited by uni; November 18, 2021, 10:56 PM. Reason: typed too fast, ended up with words that don't make sense
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I'm glad you're enjoying listening to your tunes Uni.

I have to admit I'm having trouble finding one good thing that feels real today, but I found one! And then another! And now I have a list! Okay maybe a tad bit of an exaggeration on my recovery from being blind to the one good thing. However my one good thing for today was, a peaceful walk on a warm, calm day.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

AJ were you serious about recovery from being blind, or is that just a figure of speech? I hope you're okay regardless.

Today, a good thing is that I chaired a zoom meeting for a support group I attend, and it went well.
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Sorry Uni I didn't mean it literally.

Good for you for chairing the Zoom!

One good thing is that I finally made it to the car wash.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

One good thing today is that I appreciate having a snow blower to deal with our winter snowfall.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

The good thing is that I got onto the forum again! Other things have been taking precedence, but making a post I am
                                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                                X