Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing uni! I hope your day goes more smoothly today!

My one good thing is that I gave my first speech at my Toastmasters group last night and it went well!
    "The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering." ~ Ben Okri ~

Comment

Enjoy the flowers Uni. They always make me feel hopeful.

Congratulations on your speech RunningKnitter.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello uni,

Glad to hear that your friend doesn’t need any more treatment for the time being, that’s a relief! Hopefully they won’t need it in the future. Also, thanks for sharing about poetry! That’s super cool. I do a lot of creative writing too (not poetry though) and I know what you mean, sometimes the writing just isn’t what we want it to be, so it’s nice that it picked up!

Comment

Hopeful_2022, how interesting that you do creative writing - have you done it for very long? My poetry isn't something I planned, I started out with creative non fiction and it morphed unexpectedly!

RunningKnitter, way to go on the speech! Are there more in your future?

On the good thing front, I'm having a run of seeing friends this week,which hasn't happened for a long time. Today I met one for coffee in a place we hadn't gone for over two years. Also I ran into another friend while out shopping. I haven't seen her since she retired, and she showed me phone pix of the artwork she does. We both agreed that creative outlets are good for the soul!
          Last edited by uni; June 22, 2022, 09:40 PM. Reason: Created an extra sentence, because creative outlets are good for the soul
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

My one good thing is my cat made it thru surgery (to remove an object stuck in his intestines) and he's slowly on the mend. Boy can this little guy get into a whole lot of trouble!
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Originally posted by uni View Post
              Hopeful_2022, how interesting that you do creative writing - have you done it for very long? My poetry isn't something I planned, I started out with creative non fiction and it morphed unexpectedly!

RunningKnitter, way to go on the speech! Are there more in your future?

On the good thing front, I'm having a run of seeing friends this week,which hasn't happened for a long time. Today I met one for coffee in a place we hadn't gone for over two years. Also I ran into another friend while out shopping. I haven't seen her since she retired, and she showed me phone pix of the artwork she does. We both agreed that creative outlets are good for the soul!

I’ve always done creative writing as a child, but started doing it professionally for the two years and recently moved on to something else However, my hope is to write a book one day, so I will definitely need to keep up the writing meanwhile!

Comment

Hopeful_2022, Way to go with writing professionally for two years! I hope you do get a book published one day, and let us know about it whenever that time comes

AJ, my goodness, your poor cat! I can imagine that having something stuck in his intestines would be painful, as well as dangerous I'm so glad to hear he's slowly getting better. Cats get into so many things, reminds me of one I had who somehow got a sewing needle in his neck. To the vet, and then okay. I love cats, maybe will get another one someday. How old is yours?

A good thing today is there's some great jazz music on the radio right now

uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Lenny is 4 years old. Trying to keep a cat calm with all four on the ground while he heals is quite the challenge.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Today's good thing is that I went on a zoom meeting and "met" several people from other parts of Canada. Very cool!
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I’ve had that experience and it is very cool.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Tody's good thing is that I had a really good sleep last night, and also the night before. Prior to that I'd had a run of broken, unrestful nights so I really appreciate the difference!
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

And another good thing: while walking today near the edge of town I heard a train whistle but couldn't see it through the forest area that goes for miles. I love trains, so I stayed put until it showed up. I waved at the engineer and got a "toot" in reply, as it went on its way. I counted seventeen cars. Very cool, as it's rare to see that nowadays!
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

A trip along a prairie highway used to mean a stop for a train, but it's been awhile since I've waited for a train.

A restful night's sleep can make the next day so much better. I'm glad you've had a couple of those Uni.

My one good thing for today was getting out for an early morning walk, while it was still cool. The dog park has a regular 7 AM crowd and we are like family now. We catch up on the local happenings every morning and our dogs get to socialize.
                            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

AJ the dog park sounds like a great community place!
                              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

A good thing today was that I received some homemade bran muffins from a friend. I haven't tried them yet, but will do so soon, as they look good
                                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                                X