Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's good thing is I found this post I wrote from another day, which somehow didn't get posted...
    "Today's good thing is a friend picked me up in her warm car and took me out for coffee My own car is waiting for a part, which is supposed to arrive sometime in January. I can drive it but not in very cold weather, and right now we have very cold weather. I'm so thankful for friends like her!"

I remain very thankful for her, but she's not in town at the moment and I'm stuck at home with new snowfall and drifting, and still no part for my car. Anyone else I know is snowbound too or else out of town. We have a bus service but it's not too helpful at my location. So I'm looking around for a good thing and have decided on a nice warm bath with an escapist book to read. Also thankful I have a working furnace and running water, which some people in other parts of the country are without since the bad storms.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni. You guys are having some pretty nasty weather in some places. Good for you for making that extra effort. It’s crazy how long it can take for car parts.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Well, no word on the car part yet, but on the up side one of my sisters took pity on me today and picked me up. I bribed her by saying I'd buy her a coffee and maybe a treat, and it worked But in truth I know all I had to do was ask and she'd help me out. At least until the next time she gets a bee in her bonnet. Sisters, you gotta love 'em
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni. I'm glad you got out. Does your car insurance pay for a loaner/rental?

My one good thing for today is getting the litter box cleaned out.

I prefer picking up my dog's business.

I had a nice visit with family out of province. Flight delays were better then cancellations! Honestly they need cots in the airport, never mind luggage carts. I talked to several people who spent the night in the airport. I'm grateful I didn't have to do that.

AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm glad your trip was worth it AJ -- I agree that delays are better than cancellations. I know a lady who flew from Saskatoon to Vancouver over Christmas. A cancellation, then three day wait before leaving - ack. But she eventually got there with two more flights delayed on the way. Coming back all was tickety boo. Pay your money, take your chances I guess

Regarding car insurance, I'm not covered for a /loanerrental. The only way would be to have the car stolen or wrecked, so not going to try that angle!

As for a good thing today, a friend of mine got the best news ever - after 3 years they're cancer free! Hooray
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Happy cancer free dance for your friend Uni!
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

One good thing today is the weather was gorgeous - springtime in January! (It's supposed to end in two days though) Another good thing is that my car part has arrived at the shop, now I only have to wait a week until the appointment to have it put in

A third good thing is I have a dishwasher. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a bit of gratitude for things I often take for granted. I've only had a dishwasher in my home twice in my life. And tonight while I'm running it, I appreciate that it's a very good thing!
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hi Uni. That’s great news that the car part is here. I hope the week wait to get the work done is a quick week for you.

Todays good thing for me was a nice phone call with an old friend. We’ve know each other since grade school.
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Wow, that's pretty special AJ, a friend from grade school you still keep in touch with! I'm glad to hear you had a nice phone call.

My good thing today was unexpectedly running into a friend and ending up enjoying a coffee together. We shared a few frustrations about the modern world, then had a few laughs and a hug. I haven't had enough of that type of thing since "the before times" and felt cheered by it
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That sounds like a great visit Uni. And to end with a hug is awesome.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I'm really happy to report that my car is now fixed! Hooray!
                        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

That’s great Uni. Having a car is definitely handy, especially in the winter.
                          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I want to say that I appreciate, over and over, having this thread

Regardless of how many or how few people post here, it has become a tool in my trying-to-stay-somewhat-sane toolbox.

Turning my thoughts to just one good thing that's transpired in the last 24 hours, however small that thing might seem, is a little bright spot for me. It doesn't change the rotten stuff that might be happening, but it counts.

And if someone reads any of the posts, hopefully it brings a small bit of brightness to them.too. I know it does me good to read what others have to say here.

So today's good thing is that I get to post on this thread
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I put this thread at the top just for that very reason. Thank you for starting it. Thinking of something positive that I appreciate, shifts that dreary difficult daily stuff out of immediate focus for awhile.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Well I wrote a post a couple of days ago and have no idea where it went!

Anyway, it was to say that I had a virtual appointment with my psychologist the other day. I'm trying to improve my family relationships, because I haven't been feeling exactly great about them for quite a while now. I definitely feel more hopeful now, in part because I've decided to lower certain expectations about what my family "should" be like. So I shall carry on and hope for more progress!
                                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                                X