Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sumo: A Joke

I know this part of the forum said "tell a joke", so here it is:

Sumo wrestling eh? Can't say I've ever really watched it, although perhaps it does look funny
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Sorry if that link doesn't load. This should work. https://www.igorbnews.com/2019/09/ma...eives-his.html

I went to a Japanese restaurant recently and a huge wall was painted with sumo fighters. That decoration was nice.

Comment

Is this topic for telling jokes? I'm usually quite bad with them because I can't remember details, but I had an opportunity to tell this on the tour bus on the last day of my vacation, and everyone had a good laugh. So here goes; as they say, laughter is the best medicine.

This is a Newfie joke, and as a Newfie myself I take it all in good fun. Three students, one of whom was a Newfoundlander, had just completed a course in helicopter flying, and the time had come to put this theory to practice. So the Newfoundlander volunteered to go first. "Excellent!" the instructor exclaimed. "Okay, I want you to raise the helicopter a thousand feet." The student did so and the instructor radioed to him, "How are you doing?" "Fine," the Newfie said. "No problem." "Alright, raise the 'copter another 1000 feet." said the instructor, and the student did so. "You okay?" the instructor asked. "Couldn't be better, great view from up here." "Super! I want you to raise the helicopter to 3000 feet." The Newfie did so. When the instructor checked in with him there was a long silence, then the helicopter crashed. A month later, the Newfie came out of a coma and the instructor and other students who rallied around him asked what happened. "Well," he said, "everything was going so well until I got to 3000 feet and it got kind of cool up there so I turned off the fan."

"Attention, all personnel, incoming wounded" (from MASH, lol).

Comment

That is funny! I think your joke telling skill is just fine!
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thank you, Uni! I told it at the end of a presentation I did yesterday and they laughed at it as well. It's quite heartening!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady in Blue View Post
              it got kind of cool up there so I turned off the fan."
              Funny. Thanks for sharing that joke. I guess it could be disrespectful to Newfoundland. LOL

Newfoundlanders must be used to feeling the cold, the person started feeling cold at 3000 feet.

Turned off the fan - that is just stupidity? The helicopter rotor consists of a mast, hub, and rotor blades. Must have been mistaken for a fan.

Comment

Lol. Those jokes are zany, Torontom. I remember the one about the haunted hotel. Picture a stormy, snowy night on the Trans Canada Highway. The driver sees a hotel and decides to pull in for the night. He walks up to the front desk clerk and asks for a room. "I'm sorry we're all booked for the night. The only room we have is haunted." To which the driver replies, "What odds, I don't believe in ghosts. I'll take it." "Suite yourself," the front desk clerk says. So the guest is just settling down for the night when he hears a disembodied voice chant, "I am the ghost of the five bloody fingers." It scares the living daylights out of the man and he quickly dresses and takes off out of there like a bat out of hell. By and by another driver pulls up and asks for a room, and the front desk clerk says, "sorry, we're all booked up except for one room, which is haunted." The tired driver was as skeptical as the first guest and insists on having the room. He, too, starts to settle in when he hears, "I am the ghost of the five bloody fingers," and escapes through the window. So the third guest drives up and the front desk clerk goes through the whole spiel again. "I don't mind sharing my room with a ghost. Lot's of them down this way." So as he settles down for a good night's sleep, he hears, "I am the ghost of the five bloody fingers." He sleepily opens his eyes and shouts out, "Hey, cool it, man, I ain't got no Band Aids"

Comment

I heard this one on the bus leaving St John's year before last: Where do Newfies keep their trees? Between their 2's and 4's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosey View Post
                    I heard this one on the bus leaving St John's year before last: Where do Newfies keep their trees? Between their 2's and 4's.
                    Heh heh. That is pretty funny. The one about the ghost was funny, also.

Here is one more. This moose fight in the driveway happened in Alaska, close to Canada. The moose sure chose the driveway as their fighting spot.

Looks like this happened in Alaska. That isn't Canada, but it is very close on the border of Canada. There are sure a lot of moose in Cana...

Comment

Wow! That's really something to see
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hello Torontom. Nice link, thanks for posting it. Take Care. paul m
                        "Alone we can do so little;
                        Together we can do so much"
                        Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks for the interesting jokes, everyone.

You might like to check out more interesting sumo art. Sumo Tournament started amid virus fears with all seats empty.

https://www.igorbnews.com/2020/03/su...mid-virus.html

Comment

Working...
                          X