Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really?!

Dear Abby, Ann Landers, whoever....

After more than eight months of no contact, the boyfriend I still have trouble calling my "ex" texted me last week out of the blue. I nearly fell over.

Talk about mixed emotions! After thinking hard for a day and a half, I texted back and (stupidly?) agreed to a phone call. In which he asked to meet and explain to me how he was thinking when he broke things off. Apparently he was "messed up" at the time. Really?! Sure hadn't come across that way.

I told him I'm in shock and not about to meet any time soon. I thought of a thousand other things to say but stopped myself and kept calm and made zero decisions. Part of me wants to meet because I still care for him, neither of us is a bad person, and I'm rather curious about what he might say. Another part of me wants to ward him off with the sign of the cross like you would a vampire.

Taking all the time I need to let this settle....

uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Hi Uni. Good for you for not committing to meet him right now. I would be 'curious' too but like you, very cautious. Our precious hearts need to be protected and gently cared for.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Uni. Tough spot to be in, but I think a series of phone calls might be the way to go. (or emails). However you are correct in taking all of the time that you need on this. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

I told him I'm tired of making decisions, and will take things as they come. If he wants to call, fine. If not, fine. I can call him or not, as well. He agreed. So far neither of us has contacted the other again. As it happens I'm busy with various activities and people that don't include phoning him, so haven't been too preoccupied about what to do. I believe I'll know if and when the time is right to talk again. At least that's how I feel today
        Last edited by uni; February 29, 2020, 11:15 PM. Reason: add emoticon
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
        X