Resources for children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resources for children

Hi all, I'm looking for some calming resources or activities for my 7 year old son. He can get quite anxious at times and I've been looking into mindfulness for kids recently. We often do activities together like 'draw your emotions' or breathing exercises, but I'm looking for something that he can do for a slightly longer period of time, some sort of down time activities to keep him engaged but also mindful of how he is feeling. Thanks in advance

Drawing. Perhaps.

Comment

Hi raphac and welcome to the forums. Are there any school counsellors that can help you create those kinds of activities?
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for your comments and your welcome. AJ, there is a counsellor who I spoke to and she gave me some good advice and recommended the Mindful website which is where I have found a lot of tips. As we're spending so much time at home at the moment the more activities and tips the better! Yesterday I found a kids' resources site and they too have got lots of Mindfulness Activities so we will give some of those a go too

Comment

That's great raphac. Good for you for putting the effort!
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Resources for children mean food, clothing, if we talk about the material stuff. Of course so we should also educate and raise our children in a great way so they will become in the future responsible citizens of our state.

Comment

Sometimes it's the little things that help in situations like this, without going the extra mile. For what I'll suggest(even though he's a bit older now), try to get him amid friends as much as possible, that will help him so much. He will also develop if he spends some time outdoors, he doesn't need to be indoors all the time. Sometimes being outdoors exposes children to a lot of things including good and bad. For example, I know for sure that putting a kid in somewhat of a high end stroller during the early years plays some role while growing up. It’s not a big deal but it matters. That’s just what I’m trying to say.
              Last edited by joantucker; April 24, 2022, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X