Medication shortages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medication shortages

Hello Everyone. I don't know if you have following the story about some of the medication shortages occuring across Cda and in particular Ontario.

The story that has hit the news recently is that Sandoz has had production problems. Sandoz is a large producer of generic medications. (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2363140/) This isn't a new story as medication shortages have been happening for several years now.

Coincidentaly this is occuring at the same time that Ontario and several other provinces are locked in a battle with generic drug producers on the price of their products.

I know from personal recent experience that more and more generic medications are being short shipped to the pharmacies or put on back order. My local pharmacy has been scrambling to fill several of my spouses and I's medications recently and sometimes we have been forced to a different brand than we are used to. Currently one of my medications is on back order although I still have a small supply left. This is primarily a problem with generic medication. However with some medications when the patent runs out all that is left are generics.

So please don't wait till your prescription is out to refill it. I know that sometimes this is difficult. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

thanks for the heads-up, Paul!

Comment

Thanks Paul. I've run into this too. Good advice about filling prescriptions a while ahead of time.
      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
      X