No announcement yet.

lithium shakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I first had shaking when I was on Prozac, but I've left it behind long ago and still do the trembling.

Comment

Hi Anne,

Do you think one of the reasons that you are so tired is because you aren't sleeping properly due to the jerkiness in your legs? I can't recall ever having muscular agitation with the Abilify. I hate the feeling of wanting to cry but of not being able to.
      I really hope that these symptoms or side effects or whatever they are go away for you soon. It must feel like it has been a long time struggling with this shaking (not to mention everything else).

It sounds like you do a lot of medication treatment. I was wondering if your pdoc knows of any personal one-on-one therapy that you could do because that may be an option to helping you out--especially because you seem to be so sensitive to the drugs and their side effects. Even if there is only one therapist in town and the wait list is three years long, at least you could get on the wait list. I know you've been struggling for a long time with your bipolar and you probably have seen many therapists and been in many therapy groups before but every group dynamic is different and each therapist is different and can offer new insights so it is always worth a try.
      I know that you don't have a lot of money and therapists are expensive but it is worth asking the pdoc if there is any way of getting around this obstacle. Even if you've asked before, ask again. Ask your pdoc if he can tell you ALL possible treatment options and what it will take to get them. Sometimes we've got to fight really hard for the information that we need and often times we are just too depressed to fight as hard as we would like to. But I know you're a fighter, Anne, because you have been through so much!

take care of yourself and don't be afraid to call the pdoc and see if you can get in to see another pdoc in your pdoc's office while he is on holiday if you need to. It would be easier to check-in with a pdoc tomorrow or today before the weekend comes along. I hope you get a restful night's sleep tonight.
      astronaut

Comment

to be honest, I don't know what to think anymore... anything is possible.
        I have booked an appointment with my gp for next week, hopefully if it's not medication related, that she'll be able to help point me in the right direction in finding out what it could be.

I do go to a SGT (stabilization group therapy) group, and afterwards I should be able to have some one-on-one.

fighter, nah... no more than any of you on this forum!
        Anne.

Comment

Working...
        X