Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dispensing Fees and Trillium.

Hey all.

A few quick questions. First, when filling a prescription are you charged individual dispensing fees for each medication or a lump one? And second, I've sent in my application for Trillium but am a little vague as to exactly how it works in layman's terms. The guidebook kinda whooshed over my head. Thanks in advance!

You are charged a dispensing fee for each medication. Someone else who is familiar with Trillion can jump in to answer your questions about Trillion. We don't have that program in our province.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Fluxaanflow. Only the gov't could come up with the formula that Trillium has. The way that it works is that you are assigned an annual deductible based on your annual income. They start their next new year on Aug 1st 2012, so this years annual deductible will be based on your income in 2011. There is a pro rated forumla for those who apply in say June 2012 and another formula for those who income has dropped more than 10% from the last year.

So let's say that your annual deductible is $500 They will tell you how much it is or you can get an idea by looking at the end of the website I have posted below . It is applied in quarterly installments. That is, for the 1st $125 worth of meds that you get every quarter you pay 100 percent. After that they pay everything except for $2.00 per prescription, which many drug stores will waive. (you may see the signs saying that they will waive the $2.00 co-pay).

For example. You purchase prescription meds on the following dates(based on a $500 annual deductible)

$90.00 August 10th, you pay $90.00, Trillium pays zero
      $75.00 August 20th, you pay $35.00 , Trillium pays the other $40 as you have now satisfied your quarterly deductible of $125.00.

$90.00 Sept 10th, you pay $2.00. Trillium pays the rest.
      $75.00 Sept 20th, you pay $2.00. Trillium pays the rest

$90.00 Oct 10th, you pay $2.00 etc etc
      $75.00 Oct 20th , you pay $2.00 etc etc

Nov is the start of a new quarter, so

$90.00 Nov 10, you pay $90.00 Trillium pays zero. etc etc

It's tough to explain by post, but a pharmacist should be able to help you or the following website:http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-S46850E-87~17/$File/TXT_trilliumBookE.htm

Take Care. paul m
      Last edited by paul m; July 18, 2012, 12:02 AM.
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

warning about Trillium. I was on Trillium a couple of years ago and they do not pay for all of your meds. They have very strict guidelines as to what they will cover. I could not have my Abilify or Wellbutrin covered at that time. They also would not cover lamictal UNLESS it was for a seizure disorder (I guess because bipolar isn't a real medical disorder. (That makes me so mad)). They also wouldn't cover concerta until I had tried ritalin first. If ritalin was unsuccessful in treating my symptoms after a certain amount of time, the pdoc could write a note to Trillium saying that ritalin was ineffective and that she wanted me on concerta and then they would pay for the drug. That was really stupid because concerta was my pdoc's first choice and she didn't want me on ritalin but due to financial constraints I had to take it.

By now Trillium might cover some more drugs than they did in 2010 but don't be surprised if they don't pay for something, especially if it is a newer drug on the market or an expensive drug (counter intuitive, I know).

good luck,
        astronaut

Comment

Working...
        X