Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GP

I now have a new GP

I was actually surprised during the interview. When I told her that I was BP I was expecting some resistance that I would have to explain and explain that I have a Pdoc and that she has nothing to worry about extra work and so on and so on. But NO. She asked me what meds I was on, how I was feeling, who I was my Pdoc. She even ask that I tell my Pdoc that she is now my GP and that she would like to be kept up to date with my progress. Needless to say I was even more surprised by this.
    Woody

nice!!! good for you Woody...
    I'm glad it went well for you, and that you didn't have to beg.

Anne.
    Anne.

Comment

That's great Woody.

I got a new GP this week too. Same thing I was surprised when he didn't turn me down when I told him about BP.

Comment

Congrats Woody. Start buying lottery tickets, maybe your luck has changed . Take Care. paul m

Congrats to you to Edmbigrl. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

I got a new GP this year when my sister was diagnosed with colon cancer and her GP agreed to take me on so that we could be monitored together. (My sister had surgery and is fine...didn't even need follow-up therapy. That was six months ago and so far all her tests are coming back clean.) I told the GP that I am exactly the opposite of my sister, who has lots of physical problems, and that she probably wouldn't see me more than once a year for check-ups!

Comment

Dancing on the roof tops for you Woody. Sounds very promising! My lucky numbers are ....
            AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
            for not being what they believe they should be.
            -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

wow VillaStraylight,

I'm glad your sister is doing better!

Anne.
              Anne.

Comment

Hello Villastraylight. That's good news on your sister. Take Care. paul m
                Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks all

Villa what an awful way to have to go threw to get a GP but I am glad your sister now OK

The Loto hu ...
                  Woody

Comment

Yeah...I don't recommend my way of getting a new GP. I think that there must be a little teflon in our [inbred] genetic lineage or maybe it's just good old Germanic stubbornness, right on down to the cellular level. My sister is now becoming the poster child for colon cancer in BC. And I continue to get up in the morning...

Comment

i need a p-doc and yet i seem to hate them all

can a girl get a competant doctor????? apparently NO. just went through 2 hours of pain to be told that he didn't think i have bp1 (already diagnosed by the head of mood disorders at ubc) that I have a personality disorder. then he backed off that and then he said that I cant go to this pl;ace because i dont have paranoia or psychosis, but that my gp could call him if he had any Qs about medication. NO P-Doc.

I am crying and hopeless. thye should just let me use a prescription pad if they`re not gonna help me.

Comment

I understand your frustration Bluebandaid. Getting a correct diagnosis is a huge hurdle to get over before you can get the right treatment. The fact that P.docs often can't even agree on a diagnosis, adds to the frustration. Do you have a referral letter from the head of the UBC department?
                        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                        for not being what they believe they should be.
                        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I have to agree with AJ, its tough when you do not have a diagnosis or even agreements between pdocs.

But do not give up, you can get better. It took me a long time to get better, but all the fighting and struggling was worth it.

But I do know how hard it is for you right now. Keep trying. Take Care. paul m
                          Helen Keller

Comment

BlueBandAid, I have often wished that I could raid the 'kitchen pantry' as well but alas they will not let me.

What does your GP think as fare as diagnosis/treatment?
                            Woody

Comment

Working...
                            X