How Many Medications Are Too Many?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Medications Are Too Many?!?!

I am so tired of being on medications, especially because I am on so many that seem to be for depression and anxiety. I honestly felt better when I was on Effexor and Prozac together.
    I am on right now Ciprolex 30mg, Topamax 100mg, Welbutrin 150mg and Saphris 10mg. Then I have my clonazepam for really bad anxiety days. Which right now is quite frequent.

Welcome to the forum Mysticalsunshine.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hello mysticalsunshine and welcome to the forum. Please do not hesititate to ask questions, answer other people's questions, make a statement of use the forum to vent out a few of life's frustrations.

In regards to your meds. Wellbutrin, according to the drug mfg monograph as posted on Health Cda's website, is well known for increasing anxiety in a lot of people.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        "Incidence of Commonly Observed Adverse Events in Controlled Clinical Trials
        Major Depressive Disorder The most common adverse events encountered in bupropion hydrochloride extended-release tablets MDD clinical trials (incidence of ≥5% and higher incidence in bupropion hydrochloride extended-release tablets treated than placebo treated) were dry mouth, nausea, constipation,insomnia, dizziness, anxiety, decreased appetite.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To read it yourself you can go to http://webprod5.hc-sc.gc.ca/dpd-bdpp/index-eng.jsp and just enter the product name. That will bring up a list of mfg and you can click on one and then on the drug monograph. (you don't have to fill everythingelse out)

Greater than 5% of the people sounds like a very low percentage, but when it happens to you, it doesn't matter if it's one percent or 1/10th of a percent.

I can't say that it's the wellbutrin that is causing the problem, but it doesn't hurt to ask questions. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Hello and welcome, mysticalsunshine. What a lovely name you've chosen! Thanks for sharing.

How many medications are too many? I don't think there's a simple answer to that question. In my opinion, too many is when they are doing you more harm than good. Sometimes there's a fine line. Are you feeling ok with what you're taking? If not, it might be worth asking your prescribing doctor the reasons behind the med choices. That's about all I can think of to tell you just now. I do look forward to reading more of your posts, and wish you well.
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Wellbutrin is BRUTAL ! It drove me nuts. Others that I have talked to did not take well to the Wellbutrin,

Comment

Working...
            X