Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Med Compliant

So anyone here like to watch House?
    The 2 hour season premiere this week was pretty good.
    There was a small focus on a "manic depressive" patient in a psychiatric hospital. The larger story was actually about admitting our shortcomings, wanting to get better and taking steps to make progress.
    The show actually got me to thinking how inconsistent I am with taking my own meds, and how poorly I treat myself. I want to be more med compliant. I want to get better too.
    Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them but you know they are always there.
    BPII, DiValproex, Cipralex, Xanax

good for you froggie!
    a sentence I hated when I was young and my parents used to throw it at me, but is very fitting here: knowing is half the battle!

Anne
    Anne.

Comment

I missed the premiere! I like that show too, even though he is the most arrogant....
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Froggie. Med Compliant? Before I started to smarten up , I took my pills when I felt like, flushed them so my wife would not notice that I had not taken them, threw them out the car window for the same reason, did not take them as directed, drank what I thought were reasonable quanities of alcohol, and generally ignored advice about caffine intake ,took conflicting OTCs (over the counter meds) ,stayed up all night and other things.

None of which affected me at all, I remained just the same, I didn't get better either Take Care. paul m P.S. House was pretty good, I especially liked the part where you have to earn priviledges, many do not know about that, or the white room, etc.
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

LOL, I did / do most of the same things Paul, but I never threw my meds out the car window! lol. You crack me up
          I do stay up way too late, but convince myself that I can handle it. (yeah right). Just like I drink too much and convince myself that I can stop. (but don't). And used to say to myself, i know those meds are just in the other room and i should take them, but I am fine, I don't need them, and I am too lazy to get a glass of water and take them.
          All I can say is, small steps. No more trying everything at once, then becoming depressed when I inevitably fall down on something. I am learning to be kinder to myself. What a novel idea. Only took me 43 years.
          Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them but you know they are always there.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
            I missed the premiere! I like that show too, even though he is the most arrogant....
            Maybe I like the show because I can be pretty arrogant too - but unlike him, I bite my tongue - well most of the time!
            It was a good show, 2 hours. Maybe I was depressed at the time, but I even shed a few tears! How pathetic is that?

Comment

You can watch it online here

Very good ... it is worth watching.

Woody

Comment

Thanks Woody. As soon as our house is in order (painting) and I find the T.V.
                AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hopefully you have not hired Mr Bean as your painter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hNkUyQaXwE
                  Woody

Comment

Oh, "med compliant"! I thought at first it was "med complaint"! Of which I have many!
                    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I saw that episode Woody. If we had Mr. Bean I guess we'd have to buy a new house!
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Originally posted by uni View Post
                        Oh, "med compliant"! I thought at first it was "med complaint"! Of which I have many!
                        A touch of dyslexia hey Uni?
                        You can start a thread for Med Complaints....I bet it would get lots of posts!

Darn! I missed this weeks episode!

Comment

Hey Uni. I agree with Froggie, start a thread on complaints. Wait, there problems is not enough bytes to print them all . paul m
                          "Alone we can do so little;
                          Together we can do so much"
                          Helen Keller

Comment

Hmm, a thread on "med complaints", hey? Forget that, let's just make it a whole new forum!

Thanks, Froggie, for the added diagnosis of dyslexia! As if I don't have enough porlbrems - er, problems.

A cute t-shirt saying I once came across: Bad Spellurs Untie!
                            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                            X