No announcement yet.

McGuinty gearing up to take on pharmacies over generic-drugs pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All. This thread originally started out reporting on drug prices as well as the war between the Ontario Gov't and the drug mfgs. As with most threads the topic got shifted a bit, but this is a new item on the same topic so I posted it here.

It is quite a battle and will be important to us in the future as more and more changes keep getting added to the bill. Other provinces are slated to follow suit if Ontario gets its way.

To be honest it's a complex issue. But I get worried every time I see the Gov't talking about saving billions and also saying they want good health care. I also worry when I see large corporations tell me how my service will suffer if this goes through. One thing I do know is that large corporations worry a lot more about profits then they do me.

In a nutshell the gov't wants to pay less for drugs(good) and compensate the pharmacist for doing counselling etc to the patient(also good). At the same time the gov't is going to allow automated drug vending machinces and pharmacists technicians to give advice rather than the pharmacists. How is a machine or someone with less knowledge supposed to help me.

And you all thought I had lost my soap box. Take Care All. paul m
    Last edited by paul m; April 8, 2010, 01:18 AM.
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks Paul,

I watched a news snippet on this last night and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I am sure it's far more complex than they are saying but I fear a change in the process or even drug availability is on it's way.

I don't do well with med changes. So, I will sit, holding my breath that something good will come out of this.

If only placebos worked on me....
      Wishing you well,
      Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

Hello Re-O. It is very complex. Unfortunately whenever gov't starts to take about saving a few billion, but increasing the quality of my health care at the same time the hairs on the back of my neck stand up too. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
        X