Stretching my Comfort Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretching my Comfort Zone

I tried out a new peer-led group therapy thing last night, at my therapist's suggestion. Most of my experience with group therapy and peer support have not been positive, but I'm trying to build a new network after losing My Person at school. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Most of the others there were visibly sicker than me, and I'm not sure how well I fit with the group, but my extreme introversion can make me think that even when it's actually not an issue. There is also the matter of the several hours per week time commitment and paying for parking downtown. I'm not sure if I'm going to go back, but I gave it a try at least. I know that finding a new Person is going to take time, and I'm still hoping that she'll reach out once she's back in town.... I'm scared to finish this without someone!
    Pressure makes diamonds....

It certainly is nice to have 'a Person'... I hope you find just what you need!

I have never tried peer-led group therapy... do the others in the group have a similar diagnosis to you or is it more of a mix?

Comment

Thanks Kaight! Both flavours of groups are available. The one I tried this week that wasn't a good fit was open to all diagnoses. I've reached out to OBAD since I think they still do meetings here, which would be bipolar and related disorders only. I'm hoping to hear back from them fairly quickly.

I'm still praying that My Person contacts me when she's back next week. I don't know if you read the story in my other thread, but the administration at my school has banned me trying to contact her on pain of expulsion, so I have to wait for her to reach out first. I miss her!

Comment

I guess I should have updated this thread as well. I found a group dedicated for bipolar through OBAD and they're a much better fit! I think this is going to become a regular commitment.

Comment

That's good news Gossip!

Comment

Working...
          X