Wellbutrin, muscle rigidity and pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wellbutrin, muscle rigidity and pain

Has anyone experienced having their neck and shoulder muscles become rigid after taking Wellbutrin for a while? I was taking 100mg, then started consistently taking 2x100mg per day about 5 days ago. Will this go away over time?

I never had that, but I'd probably run that one by my doctor if it happened to me!
    Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

Hello DLove4U. A pharmacist may be able to answer that for you. It would be best to see a doctor, but docs aren't always up on all of the side effects. Also it can be hard to get in to see the doc. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you paul m and Gossip. I will contact my doc, but there is no guarantee that she will do anything until the 22nd of Mar when I see her :P I will try the pharmacist as well, again. I will reply if there is anything that comes out of it.

Comment

Hi! I think you should see a doctor. Side effects of medications are different, and it is better to inform the doctor about all the symptoms. I exercise professionally and sometimes use supplements. But I even take safe supplements under the supervision of a doctor and constantly monitor my health condition. In my opinion, regular visits to the doctor will save you from many problems in the future and help you feel better for a long time. So I strongly recommend that you contact your therapist.
          Last edited by minwalles; February 9, 2022, 06:28 AM.

Comment

DLove4U I agree with the previous posters comments. A doctor would be the best person to ask. If your doctor is unable to assist you, you can also speak to a different doctor. The pharmacist will also be well versed on the side effects of certain medications.

Mocha231

Comment

I'm lucky with Wellbutrin - no odd side effects/pain. I've been on it forever (and Mirtazapine for 5 (?) years), which I like. A lot of people don't like Wellbutrin for the reasons above, or, it makes them jittery. I guess I'm just lucky.

I've mentioned to many health professionals that I'm not sure if Wellbutrin still works, since I've been on it for so long. I never get a satisfactory answer.

Peter

Comment

That must be frustrating talking with health professionals about the Wellbutrin. Sometimes the whole notion of 'don't mess with the meds' (don't rock the boat) means a meaningful reassessment doesn't happen.
                AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                for not being what they believe they should be.
                -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                X