Paxil Dosing - 1 or 2 times a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paxil Dosing - 1 or 2 times a day

This started due to a relapse of a depressive state kicking my ass in the winter. Perhaps from drug burn out?

I have been on paxil for over 16 years, 40mg, and I am wondering if any one else has tried or been prescribed to take it at 2 different times during the day? 20mg in the morning and 20mg at night for example. I started doing this several years ago and I thought it served my mental state a bit better. Then recently (after finally getting a doctor) was told that drug should be taken once a day. So I switched back to once a day about 6 weeks ago and along with working up to 10mg of Abilify 5.5weeks ago, the combination is a major anxiety struggle with definite side effect of some akinesia. Always restless feeling.

My house is like one big unfinished reno project and ends up just triggering the anxious crap out of me. I keep trying and doing things, but it's an struggle every second of the day. I guess I am wondering now that I am taking the paxil once a day, if anyone has experienced anything similar and if it's probable I am in a new burn-in period for both drugs?
    Last edited by UnknownStatus; June 2, 2019, 07:45 PM. Reason: Cause ppl know what it means.

Hello Unknown Status. If you've been using abilify for 5 wks or more I would talk to my doc at the lack of results .Anti psychotic medication tends to work fairly fast. It may be that your dose is too low. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Thankfully I am seeing the doc this week. I guess if it wasn't for anxiety and now it's causing anxiety that it's probably not the right drug. Wonder how hard it is to get off of Abilify?

Comment

Hello Unknown Status. I can't say how hard Abilify is to come off of. I do know from expererience that most antipsychotics are fairly easy to quit. Take Care. paul m
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

I went off Abilify over several weeks without any issues. I tapered it so I could monitor my mental state and up the dose if needed, rather than any concern about the drug itself.
          AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
          for not being what they believe they should be.
          -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I did some Google sheets and discovered the answer to my question. Half life and all that.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

How are you now and why did you start abilify in the first place?

Comment

Working...
              X