Group therapy 'beats depression'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does take some time to get use to the new board
    It took me a while to figure out the email notifications ... you do not get a notification for every new post, just the first one so on and so forth
    Hopefully they will stick with the new one for some time now
    There was a lot of good posts that was lost in the switch
    Woody

Comment

Welcome, Paul, and thank you for the Ontario Psychological Association info - one I haven't come across yet in my search for resources - I have been to CAMH - and just googled DBT to get a document written by the woman who invented it in the States. Eveything takes sooooo long to come across our borders, doesn't it? And then they call Canada a "world-class" country - NOT! Europeans and Americans are waaaaay ahead of us, big-time, ALL the time while we're snoozing in our hesitant "Canadian eh?" ways - ARGH!!!!!

Comment

Hey Woody I clicked on your Can Mental Health Assoc link and put it into my Favourites for future reference - THANKS!

Comment

It took me a while to figure out the email notifications ... you do not get a notification for every new post, just the first one so on and so forth
          Can't you go into the UserCP section and choose how/when you want emails sent? I selected Instant Notification of replies to threads I'm in - that's what I was commenting on earlier about not clicking on those threads, just being aware while I'm checking my emails that they're waiting for me here, finishing up my email session, going into my Favourites to select this site to check them out and then just having the problem of figuring out where they are in all the posted threads - I just finished using the Advanced Search portion to find Paul's answer about the Ont. Psych Assoc when I had trouble locating it by following the threads....

Comment

In the CP section scroll down to edit options on the left side. Once you click on that you will see on the right side under messaging and notification, default thread subscription mode, and a drop down menu allows you to pick instant email notifications. If you start a new topic or reply to a topic already started you will get email notification. You will not receive notification of new replies unless you click on the link in your email and go to the topic.

The other thing that you can do is to subscribe to forums. For example, go into a specific form section (Like treatment) and you will see an option under forum tools. You can subscribe to that topic and choose to have email notification, or not for that topic.

I have set mine for email notification of threads and topics. Honestly though, I find it easier to go to the forums and read all the new replies and new posts and then mark them all read. I just use the email notification to tell me there are new replies or posts. It's easier than clicking on a link in each of the emails I get.

Hope I got that all right.

Originally posted by MerelyMe08 View Post
            Can't you go into the UserCP section and choose how/when you want emails sent? I selected Instant Notification of replies to threads I'm in - that's what I was commenting on earlier about not clicking on those threads, just being aware while I'm checking my emails that they're waiting for me here, finishing up my email session, going into my Favourites to select this site to check them out and then just having the problem of figuring out where they are in all the posted threads - I just finished using the Advanced Search portion to find Paul's answer about the Ont. Psych Assoc when I had trouble locating it by following the threads....
            AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
            for not being what they believe they should be.
            -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I do believe you got it on the nail AJ
              Woody

Comment

Thanks Woody. If you do see something amiss or more info to add, please feel free to do so.
                AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                for not being what they believe they should be.
                -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

MerelyMe,
                  I have a lot of chaos in my brain, even at the best of time so anything that I can use to keep things in order, the better. I also free form it and use the favorite link, but I also rely on the email notifications to make sure I did not miss anything

Woody

Comment

Working...
                  X