cymbalta withdrawal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cymbalta withdrawal

There was a mixup at the pharmacy and I was given cymbalta instead of my stomach med. I'm bipolar 1, so I should definitely not take cymbalta, and because of a quirk of my metabolism if I did take it for some reason I should only take 1/4 - 1/6 of the dose. They gave me the maximum dose, so basically I took 4-6x the maximum dose of cymbalta for 3 weeks before it was caught, and it built up in my system to a really high level. It's been stopped now, and I have no clue how I'm not raving manic right now! But I have bad serotonin syndrome and am going through a really bad withdrawal as well.

How long does this usually last? I know it'll be longer for me because it'll leave my system really slowly because of my metabolism, but at least an idea of what would be normal would be great!
    Pressure makes diamonds....

Hello Gossip. Sorry about your pharmacy screwing up. Life is hard enough without somebody else's mistake. The normal half life is fairly short , about 12 hrs , that is one half of it is gone from your system in 12 hours and it out of your system totally in 2-3 days. However you were given a very large dose and I can't calculate that. Sorry that I can't be more help. You may want to ask a different druggist about it. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

So I think I'm through the worst of the cymbalta withdrawal. Now to carefully wean off the clonazepam that my doc prescribed me to help with that. And don't worry - I'm doing this all under medical supervision. Needless to say I'm no longer using that pharmacy!

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you're over the worst of it Gossip. Keep us posted.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Originally posted by Gossip View Post
          There was a mixup at the pharmacy and I was given cymbalta instead of my stomach med. I'm bipolar 1, so I should definitely not take cymbalta, and because of a quirk of my metabolism if I did take it for some reason I should only take 1/4 - 1/6 of the dose. They gave me the maximum dose, so basically I took 4-6x the maximum dose of cymbalta for 3 weeks before it was caught, and it built up in my system to a really high level. It's been stopped now, and I have no clue how I'm not raving manic right now! But I have bad serotonin syndrome and am going through a really bad Cymbalta withdrawal as well.

How long does this usually last? I know it'll be longer for me because it'll leave my system really slowly because of my metabolism, but at least an idea of what would be normal would be great!
          Roughly how long did the withdrawals last for you? I noticed servere withdrawal symptoms after around 4-5 days.

Comment

It lasted a couple of weeks, but I don't feel like I've quite gotten back onto an even keel since then. I'm sure lockdown hasn't helped with that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gossip View Post
              There was a mixup at the pharmacy and I was given cymbalta instead of my stomach med. I'm bipolar 1, so I should definitely not take cymbalta, and because of a quirk of my metabolism if I did take it for some reason I should only take 1/4 - 1/6 of the dose. They gave me the maximum dose, so basically I took 4-6x the maximum dose of cymbalta for 3 weeks before it was caught, and it built up in my system to a really high level. It's been stopped now, and I have no clue how I'm not raving manic right now! But I have bad serotonin syndrome and am going through a really bad withdrawal as well.

Its dangerous to do this, it could have a bad effect on you. It even can kill, taking medication that you should not of been prescribed or given. Withdrawal effects depends on your physical mental health, it depends on your eating habits and also depends on how high the dosage is and how long you have been taking the medication.

Comment

Working...
              X