Medication Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medication Questions

My name is Patrick and I just joined the forum. I have high anxiety and depression and I’m not sure if it’s after effects from taking Zoloft which I only took for three days at 50 mg each day. After getting excruciating headaches and nausea I stopped and now I’ve been off Zoloft for five days. I’m not sure if this is after effects because they stop’s all off and will be only intermittent or when it stops. I am just beside myself

Hi Patrick,

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum and I will be able to check in later to post a longer response!
    "The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering." ~ Ben Okri ~

Comment

Hi Patrick and welcome. I’ll respond further when I get home.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Much appreciated

Comment

Will my texts always be in Treatment section?

Comment

Patrick I understand you took Zoloft (Sertraline is the chemical name some may be familiar with) for 3 days. How are you doing after 5 days without?

Nausea is a common side effect of Zoloft. Increased anxiety and headaches are not as common but can occur. Taking it with food can help reduce the nausea. It can take a few days for the body adjust to anti depressant treatment, and longer to get some benefit from it. If you are having side effects that result in you not being able to take the medication, I would recommend talking with your doctor.

There are many other options for treatment Patrick. You may also find it helpful to talk to your pharmacist when you have questions or problems with medication. (They can also talk to your doctor on your behalf).
            AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
              Will my texts always be in Yreatment section)
              No they won't. When you want to start a new thread (Your own initial post) you can go to the section that is suitable, such as Treatment, If you click on the title "treatment" for instance, then you can see at the top a button called +New Topic and you'll be able to start your own thread.

You may find this section helpful:

I sent you a private message Patrick. You can see a place to access it at the top right corner of webpage.
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi again Patrick,

I am glad you have found the forums here! I am sorry you are having such a rough time. I am glad AJ was able to discuss some of your medication struggles. If you are struggling with side effects it would be a good idea to discuss with your doctor. There may be ways to lessen the side effects or perhaps they would recommend a different medication. It can take time to find the right medication and the right dose.

Again, I am glad you have found the forums. Reaching out for support can be very helpful.

Hoping things begin to improve for you soon.
                "The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love, and to be greater than our suffering." ~ Ben Okri ~

Comment

Thank you for kind words Ben,. I appreciate them very much

Comment

Working...
                  X