Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitamins & Meds

Hi,

On the recommendation of my Pdoc, I have started to take some vitamins and today I am finding myself not feeling physically right. I have not adjusted any of my meds for a few weeks so I am wondering if it is the vitamins.

Does anyone know of a website where I could post both the drugs and vitamins to see if they are possibly interacting?

Does anyone have this problem?

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,
    You can try
    http://www.drugs.com/ and see if there any listing for the vitamins you are taking but I would urge you to talk to your pharmacist, they would know for sure.
    Woody

Comment

Hi,

Drugs.com is where I go as well. What I found was that my calcium seemed to be messing up my other meds and burning the heck out of my throat. I always am amazed at how a tiny little pill can be so intense. Well, not calcium, they are monster pills but still.
      Wishing you well,
      Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

Do you take them with a full glass of water to make sure they go down ? Don't lie down after you take them, and if it's the calcium carbonate form, take it with food, it's better absorbed. And as Woody said, talk to your pharmacist about any possible drug interactions with your other meds.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

hi AJ,

Sometimes a half glass of water... and I lie dawn way too much although I do take them with food.

1 out of 3 isnt bad Thanks for the tips though, I'm going to change my habits so they will vanish into my system quieter.
          Wishing you well,
          Re-O

You're not as messed up as you think people think you are

Comment

Anyone see the movie Baby Mama...I was just thinking of a scene where the pregnant girl was trying to swallow this HUGE pre-natal vitamin...It was hilarious...
            Take Care,
            Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
            "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

They do make chewable ones, but they are so much more expensive.
              You're welcome Re-O.
              AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
              for not being what they believe they should be.
              -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Re-O. About the calcium; my GP told me to take Tums, which contain calcium and also look after any heartburn. Also relatively cheap. But read the small print carefully, because taken too soon after other meds it can interfere with them. Works for me.

Atlantis, I saw that movie and liked it, but my wonderful memory doesn`t recall the scene you mention. Really liked the Sat Night Live actors.
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                X