Easy to read treatment info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy to read treatment info.

Hello All. When I was really ill and trying to understand my illnesses and which treatments were the best, it was really tough. Back then I often found it difficult to concentrate, resources were scarce and just existing was tough. Today there is much more info, too much info at times for those with concentration and/or memory problems and surviving is just as hard.

The following are a list of easy to use websites with plenty of easy to understand info. There is a lot of info here, don't try and read them all at once. Better to bookmark them in your favourites to review them at your liesure. I still use nearly them all on a regular basis, so they have to be good as I am way to lazy to keep re-reading useless info. This is by no means all of the resources available, but it will keep you busy for a while.

I am now going to see if I have burned off enough calories to be able to move again. I hope that you all had a good Christmas. Take Care Everyone. paul m

To start with this forum is ran by the Mood Disorders Society of Cda. They have a lot of great info.

The Mood Disorders of Ontario has some of the best fact sheets listed under Learn More and some good links listed under Resouces.

CAMH has a good selection of easy to read brochures on Pyschiatric Meds

Canada's largest mental health teaching hospital and one of the world's leading research centres. Where Mental Health is Health.

Crazy Meds takes an irreverent, but surprisingly accurate and easy to read look at Pysch meds.

For factual info, side effects and an interaction checker Drugs .com is second to none.

Providing accurate, impartial information on more than 24,000 prescription drugs and OTC medications.

Factors that affect our drug treatment outcome(by AJ)

Drug Interactions Considerations(by AJ)

"Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Thanks for the links Paul and AJ
    Take Care,
    Karen

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying...
    "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

Thanks for the links Paul. Gosh, I'm glad the info I posted has been helpful.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank you very much, Paul and AJ.
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thought I'd bump this thread up for anyone who might be looking for med info....
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

I just joined the forum and was looking for some info on the different drugs. This list is very helpful, thank you!

Comment

Welcome to the forums Dotsark.
              AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
              for not being what they believe they should be.
              -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Welcome Dotsark. I'm glad you've found the information helpful. This is a friendly community - feel free to post again any time!
                uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Working...
                X