another med change....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another med change....

When I saw my pdoc last week she took me off of cipralex and put me on wellbutrin. It was because I was complaining about the SE's with the cipralex, especially not being able to cry and the ***ual SE's.

I just stopped one and started the other on the same day. I've had a few brain zaps (I hate those) and I'm dizzy and nauseous all the time, but hopefully that will go away soon.

I just wish that we could find the right meds and not have to change them anymore. I've been seeing my pdoc for just under 2 years, and this is my 12th cocktail.

I just needed to vent, thanks for reading.
    Rebecca

I know how you feel about having a dozen med changes in two years!
    hopefully your side effects will go away soon Rebecca!
    Anne.

Comment

Hello Rebecca. I hope that this change works out for you. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

Hi Rebecca,

I am on Wellbutrin and I have found it to be one of the best meds that I have tried. I also experience the dizzyness and nausea but it is worth it for the benefits. I find the nausea only comes for a couple of hours in the morning if I don't eat anything. Once I have a big breakfast, the nausea goes away. Never had brain zaps with it though. I always take it in the morning because it is a bit of a stimulant.

I've only seen my pdoc for a year and a half but I have also had a large number of combos (not even going to bother to count!) Hang in there and I hope that this works for you.

I hope you experience the same sort of benefits that I did!
        astronaut

Comment

The brain zaps were from coming off the cipralex, not from starting the wellbutrin. I seem to be less dizzy today, so that's a big plus for me. We'll have to wait and see if the wellbutrin is going to be helpful or not, I try not to get my hopes up about these things because my meds don't work for me so often and then end up being changed, but we'll see. We'll see.
          Rebecca

Comment

Rebecca, I really hope the med merry-go-round slows down and you won't be dizzy or sick for very long . Stopping one med and starting another on the same day sounds extra tough. I hope you feel a little better tomorrow.
            uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

when I switched from cipralex to wellbutrin, the pdoc at the time had me slowly reduce the cipralex while slowly introducing the wellbutrin. it was whacked out for the first few days as I had both a/d's in the same time, but I didn't get any zaps.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better!!
              Anne.

Comment

Sweetest1, I've only had two endure two med changes. Nausea has to be one of the worst effects. Bleh. Sometimes sucking on a sugar free candy helps. Also food with the med and extra water. I am intrigued by "brain zaps". Would you be interested in elaborating?

Comment

sure, I'll elaborate on brain zaps. Their like having lightening shoot up the back of your neck and all around your head. I got them when I quit effexor REALLY badly. This time they were less like lightening and more like just electrical currents.
                  Rebecca

Comment

yikes... that must be awful!!
                    Anne.

Comment

Hello Rebecca. Like lightning - that sounds horrid. As Anne has said - yikes!
                      In going off Effexor I got horrendous body zaps, especially in the arms and legs, particularly when something startled me. Have you experienced that?
                      uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Yes I know the zap thing too. In my case it was Effexor withdrawl and it's strictly in my head area. Like a sizzling sound. Hoping there was no actual burning going on!

Comment

Yeah, for me it was MUCH worse going off Effexor than this time going off cipralex.

I've never gotten them in another part of my body though.
                          Rebecca

Comment

Brain zaps is an excellent description for your experience. Are you feeling any better recently?

Comment

I am feeling a little better, thank you for asking.
                              The brain zaps have stopped, I think I'm pretty much over the withdrawal from the Cipralex.
                              I'm still having dizzy spells, but that is a side effect from the wellbutrin. They are less now than when I first started it though, so I'm hopeful that they will go away. I may end up having to give up the wellbutrin anyway b/c it can mess up your menstrual cycle and I got my period almost a week early. We'll see if it's just this one time or if I start getting it twice a month (I know another woman who does b/c of wellbutrin). I don't think my OH wants to put up with PMS twice a month....LOL. We'll see how it pans out though.
                              Rebecca

Comment

Working...
                              X