No announcement yet.

May need to go back on LTD again - relapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Canuck Gal. I am sorry that you are having such a terrible time getting proper treatment. Excuse my language but the doctor that said you were "just depressed" is an idiot and in my opinion has no business being in the field. The rage builds up just thinking of some of the smug a$$@#@s I have encountered over the years and the endless months of suffering I had to endure because I couldn't find a competent doctor. In my case there are very limited resources here and I had to make a lot of phone calls and pay visits to get the help I needed. Fortunately I found a sympathetic ear and eventually got hooked up on a video conference with a very competent pdoc. She was from London and not only did she listen to me she actually voiced her displeasure in regards to the mental health system. As you are continuing to experience problems I would suggest that on top of seeing a lawyer also consider contacting your local MPP. I think health care in this case falls under provincial governance. A simple email to them could make a difference. That's just my two cents.

Many years ago I was able to move to a strange city and practically walk off the street into the psyche hospital for help. I have watched the whole system erode away to what it has become now and it is very frightening.

Sorry if this has turned into more of a rant than anything else but I just want to say I know the frustration all too well.

Comment

Working...
    X