Sigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh

I'm in a mixed state. I hate this illness! My cat wakes me up at 2 AM and again at 5 AM to go out, and my dog wakes me up at 7 AM and I have to get up. It's no wonder with the lack of sleep that I find myself in this state. My Pdoc is quite worried that I'm going to end up in the hospital, and so am I. Crap. I need 8 hrs. sleep to feel rested, but with all these interruptions I'm not getting it. This lack of sleep has been going on for quite awhile. I think it's finally catching up to me.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Hi AJ. I'm sorry to hear that your sleep is so bad and it's leading to things going downhill. I'm glad your pdoc is aware, and I hope there's a way you can stay out of the hospital because I know you'd rather not go in. I'm the same way. But we know there are times when it's best. In any case I'm rooting for you

I do have a question which may seem silly, but why do the cats need to be let out twice during the night? I understand the dog, but don't cats just use an indoor litterbox? To lazy me that's always been part of the attraction of cats over dogs.

Anyway, I hope you are able to get some good sleep asap so you can feel better when you wake up.
    uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

The dog wants to get up for the day at 7. She eats her bed if I don't let her out! She's not the problem so much as the cat is. The cat wakes me up to let her out. Then she goes back to sleep and wakes me up again in two to three hours. She just wants to be out, not to do her business.
      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Now I understand! Your cat is very lucky to have you as her human. Want a couple more? I'm at my boyfriends house and he has two extras right now, and territorial skirmishes are ongoing. Seriously though, I do see why pets are good for a person despite all their demands. I hope you sleep well tonight, pets and all.
        uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Thanks. I hope so too.
          AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

We have the same deal with our cat AJ. When our daughter isn't home (like this weekend she went camping) the cat wakes us up constantly. Then of course the little brute sleeps all day once we are up. I had to go down on the couch at around 2am this morning just so my wife could get some unbroken sleep. We love the little critter but he sure is demanding

Comment

My Pdoc says I should sedate her.
              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                My Pdoc says I should sedate her.
                Sorry, AJ.

RE: The cat

Silly question: why did you say the cat is going outdoors?
                Last edited by Beauregard; August 19, 2014, 11:36 AM. Reason: Wrong dialogue
                Hold your pets close and your family even closer.

Comment

Because she wants to
                  AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello Beauregard and welcome to the forums.

Please feel free to ask questions, answer other people's questions and/or use the forum to vent out a few problems. There are no stupid questions, although I have inadvertently given a few stupid answers over time LOL.

I like your signature "Hold your pets close and your family even closer." Take Care. paul m
                    "Alone we can do so little;
                    Together we can do so much"
                    Helen Keller

Comment

Beauregard I forgot to welcome you to the forums, so welcome!

Paul, you answer with good intentions and I've yet to read a stupid answer.

I see my Pdoc today. It is a rather unpleasant state of affairs to say the least. I akin it to being a race horse at the start gate.
                      AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I saw my Pdoc this AM. She wants to see me again on Monday and if I'm not any better than now she's going to put me in the hospital.
                        AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

May things turn around for you between now and then, AJ
                          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Hope you feel better before then AJ.

Comment

Thanks guys. Now I seem to be in a mixed state. My Pdoc agrees. I have an echocardiogram on Monday so I'm not sure I can see my Pdoc. It might have to be a phone call.
                              AJ

-Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
                              X