recovering slowly, over a very long time, doing much better now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recovering slowly, over a very long time, doing much better now

i wasn't long ago that i was so lost didn't expect to live and didn't want to either. over several years i took a lot of different meds did therapy..had hospital admissions and was a complete disaster. a little more than two years ago i went back to work part time as a peer worker. over my second year working in mental health i was able to work full time hours for most of the year. i started college this fall and i still work at the same non profit. when l was hurting so much for so long i didn't see any meaning or purpose in my suffering. maybe it was to better understand the struggles others were facing. anyway the program i am taking is a social service worker diploma at college. the content is important and interesting. the instructors seem to really want to be there which is also cool. I'm glad i made it through the really tough time, i almost didn't. thanks to everyone here for your support when i was ready to give up. I'm glad i stayed around
    dave

Congrats Dave and thx for posting your story. It's always nice to see a few success stories. Give yourself a big pat on your back for not giving up and for working hard to get better. I know that it must not have been easy. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

I'll add my congratulations too. You have worked hard to be where you are, in spite of many obstacles. I'm glad that you're feeling better.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

That is awesome dave! It's the kind of testimony we all need to hear. Well done.

Comment

Congratulations Dave, on the hard work you've done and the endurance and resilience that has helped to see you through the tough times It does my heart good to read your post!
          uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Oh so great to hear this!

Comment

Working...
            X