No announcement yet.

rough day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think in some ways it is normal to feel guilty. Shows that we are still human being and not just a mentally ill patient. Not just a statistic or what ever...

There is the story about a bug and a windshield. We probably all heard it. And the moral of the story is that some days your the bug and some days your the windshield. Same thing here, some days you need to vent and get everything off your chest and some days you are the one reading and lending your support.

Nobody counts! Nobody judges! We are simply hear for each other!
    Woody

Comment

Anne, come to these forums and be however you are. It is real.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

saw my pdoc today... you know, the more I go to see him, the less he comes off as a jerk!
        I had the hike in Invega only a week ago so he suggested I not start a new med just yet, to be sure the Invega is working for me and not against me. he did admit I have a sensitivity to meds and he doesn't want to mix things up for me just yet.
        so, I go back in two weeks. then we will decided what I am going to take.

things seem to be leveling off some. thank goodness! like I told the pdoc, I am shopping less (whew, cuz I can't afford it anymore!!!!!) and I don't feel as extreme.

anyway, that's my news for now.

Anne.
        Anne.

Comment

Hello Anne. Sounds like good news. Now if life will only let more come your way. Here's hoping. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks for the update Anne. Hopefully the 'leveling off' trend continues.
            AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
            for not being what they believe they should be.
            -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Anne,

I'm glad things are going better and that your Pdoc is going down on the jerk-o-meter.
              Last edited by leila63; December 5, 2009, 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Good to hear on both fronts Anne!

Doing just one medication at the time is probably the best way to go. When you are adjusting more than one med at the time just confuses things up to much and you cannot say which symptom change goes with which medication. I have been on Methoprazine and Seroquel for a good time now and still, when I need to adjust them because I am not sleeping as good as I should, I only adjust one at the time. I can tell which drug does what but when I try to figure out which made it different, it is impossible.

Woody

Comment

...still doing alright... only now my concentration and energy are starting to take a nose dive!
                  Anne.

Comment

Hi Anne

How are things going on Invegra? Do you think it's possible that the diminishing of hypomanic phase could come across as a lack of energy? It is hard going thru med changes - I may be going thru one myself soon - but the good folks around here would tell be that there is always another drug or combo to try so I take some encouragement from that.

Thanks for checking in with an update.

Comment

Hello Anne. Good to hear from you. Hopefully your energy will come back. Take Care. paul m
                      Helen Keller

Comment

Are they still adjusting your dosage?
                        According to there website there is the potential for cognitive and motor impairment
                        Hopefully it is only short lived...
                        Woody

Comment

I'll be talking meds with the pdoc next week... until then, I've been on the same dose of invega for almost two week now.
                          maybe Leila is right and it's my mistaking low energy for coming off the hypomania. at this point, who knows?
                          I'm not completely exhausted like when depressive, but I get tired very, very easily and have to stop what I'm doing frequently.

Anne.
                          Anne.

Comment

Hello Anne. Your right when you say who knows! One of the hardest parts of this illness is trying to figure out things. Every time we figure out why were tired etc the reason changes. Good luck and keep fighting. Take Care. paul m
                            Helen Keller

Comment

Good morning Paul,

I am a new comer and just want to sat thank you for this thread. WOW I do the same thing and always wondered why? It is true, I do have to see who calls and if I am in a good mood to talk. I don't have that many friends and live alone so I even rarely answer my door ringer in my apt. If I had nothing planned I don't like unexpected visitors.

Thank you I now don't feel so alone on this subject.

Have a great day!

Originally posted by paul m View Post
                              Hello Villa. Thankyou for being here.

People who know me wonder why my phone almost always goes to the answering machine. I rarely tell them it's because I need to work up my strength and calmness to deal with people in a calm and rational manner before I call them back. While my brother/ sis-in-law/ neighbor/ telemarketer may think what they have to say is of utmost importance, its usually of importance only to them and for some reason I'm the a***** e even when I'm right. Take Care. paul m

Hello Froggie. I was away for a couple of days and so I may have missed a few posts, but I hope that you are ok. Take Care. paul m

Comment

Your welcome. I'm much stronger now. I still only answer the phone etc when I feel like it. That's what answering machines are for. I figure, why ruin a good day by talking to someone who may be well meaning, but upsetting. So my answering machine becomes my clearing agent. Take Care. Paul M p.s as far as visitors go,I live out in the boonies so I have few and they have to come up a 100 yd long driveway so I can see clearly whether or not it's someone I want to see. Living in the boonies has it's advantages LOL
                                Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                                X