• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODSP application rejected

For the second time in two years .. my application for ODSP is REJECTED
    I was found not eligible ..
    I have no time to mourn & weep ..
    I've been very active within the past two weeks.. I want to appeal because I disagree with decision ..
    it's very obvious that I'm not getting the right support from my psychiatrist .. maybe because He can't see me when I'm in severe depression ..
    I'm going out to post my letter to the Disability Adjudication Unit ..

To be continued

Sorry to hear that Jafar. I hope the appeal results in approval. Good for you for being persistent.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thank you AJ
      its ok ..
      life is full of unpleasant surprises.. wrapped up in unpredictable disguises ..
      hhhhhhhhh

Comment

Hello Jafar. That sucks. However I agree with AJ that on appeal you have a better chance. As far as I know, the first application that you send in is not seen by a doctor, but by a qualified worker , what ever that means. When you appeal they have to make sure that a doctor sees it ,

I don't know if any of the following apply to you, but some people do not fill in there forms full enough. We are allowed to state what symptoms we have and often we forget to include 1/2 of them . For example I'm a reaaaaaly nice guy, unless I'm going through a mixed state(rare for me these days). When I am in mixed states I am the most miserable son of a gun going. I am not polite, will argue voraciously over stupid things and I would not be the kind of employee that you could want to stand behind a service desk asking "How are you today" as on my rare off day it would come out like "what the f*** do you want lady". Even those rarely happen any more, if I'm filling out a form I always include that and every other problem that I've had.

I would also include the medications that I take and the side effects of those medications For example if I think I'm headed towards mixed states I start ramping up the doses of seroquel. When I take heavy dosages of seroquel I have extreme trouble getting out of bed and I can't concentrate while 'm on it, I could go on an list all of my problems when I take seroquel, but you get the picture (no clean clothes, poor eating habits etc.

Finally I would call my nearest community legal clinic. Part of their mandate is to help people through the appeals part of ODSP http://www.legalaid.on.ca/en/contact...ct.asp?type=cl Just follow the links to find the one nearest to you. Good Luck and Take Care. Paul M
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you
          Paul M

Comment

Its very obvious that my application lacks the required documents to get approved ..
            My psychiatrist is not supporting me professionally .. Maybe because he thinks I can recover & be able to work .. Maybe because of something else ..
            if this attitude persists then its better not to appeal .. Its gonnba be a waste of time ..

Comment

Frankly speaking .. I have only myself to blame ..
              It's not only about being bipolar .. it's about personality & behavior ..
              I can't deny the fact that I'm not good in asking for help .. I need to be very weak to do that .. there are words & phrases that I can use to label myself with or without being harsh ..
              I have a Stiff upper lip .. I'm sensitive to rejection .. introvert .. arrogant .. stubborn .. and and and ..
              In order to ask for help I need to be very weak & desperate ..
              I'm not good in making people believe what I say .. actually I don't care if they believe me or not .. it happened to me several times in my life .. not only when asking for help .. It happens when applying for jobs or even in volunteering to do a job or a task .. people believe me only when it's too late ..
              Only people who know me very well can appreciate my honesty & straight forward attitude .. & they would allow me to finish my task & business by doing things my own way .. most probably a very weird & crazy way .. but the results shut everybody up ..
              I hear people say : " oh .. you're really good in xxxxxx "
              I say to myself : " and why on earth would you assume I'm ( not really ) good ??? "
              The answer is simple : I wasn't convincing when I talked about it .. not enough to make others believe what I claim to be ..
              In order to get the ODSP approval I'll have to be very weak & desperate .. & I won't be surprised if it's going too be too late for it .. it happened to a person I know .. only committing suicide made others believe him ..
              Another person I know .. had to go to jail to make others believe him ..
              Unfortunately that's the major problem with all kinds of mental illnesses .. there's no sufficient scientific way to prove them & diagnose them .. no blood or stool test can reveal them .. neither x ray nor MRI or sonar can show any abnormal signs of having them .. no significant symptoms to depend on ..
              Last edited by Jafar the wizard; January 26, 2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Jafar, I applied for ODSP several years ago. I was much better then than i am now. That being said, I fought them. I think that they pretty much refuse everyone on the first application. I would suggest asking for an internal review and if that gets rejected, take it to tribunal. I found a paralegal that got all the paperwork done, and assisted me though the tribunal. It is one of the most frustrating systems in the world, but keep at them. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you Laurie
                  i hear you

Comment

You will get it just be patient, the system is setup to make you give up. Only the determined will get ODSP. It took me 2 appeals to get it back in 2010
                    "If we new what we were doing we wouldn't call it research......" Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X