Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiety on a daily basis.

Hello everyone,

I live with a lot of anxiety on a daily basis. I’m being too heavy to deal with for my loved ones. Any tips or advice ? I cannot afford therapy at this point. Thank you.

Hello PJane92. There are numerous things written about anxity. Some good , some bad. However one place that has some good info is the MDAO http://www.mooddisorders.ca/faq/anxi...mood-disorders Not so much in the written part of their guide, but if you scroll down to the bottom you will see links to annxiety B.C. , Anxiety Canada and other resources that can give you more and better suggestions than I can.

Another resource that you can try is called Mood Gym and it is an online CBT course(free) . While it deals a lot with depression, it also deals with anxiety and the same principles of CBT apply https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome or you can try their on line ecouch https://ecouch.anu.edu.au/new_users/mhl_portal/info

You can look at some of the ideas without registering. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Exercise, meditation, meds, and CBT are what help me with my chronic problems with anxiety. But some days nothing helps (except alcohol). I feel for you. Know you are not alone in this struggle of yours.

Comment

I just checked out Mood Gym recommended by Paul m above. It is very basic and I think would be helpful to someone who is new to CBT. It made me realize just how far I've come! I feel proud of my accomplishments over the past two years while off on disability. I'm ready to return to work soon. I say this to inspire those of you who are feeling hopeless at the moment. I've been there. Seriously in trouble with my emotions. Now I am doing much better. You will too. Just persevere and do things that you know are good for you even though it's the last thing you feel up to doing. For me that was connecting with other people. I had to force myself to phone someone. Later (much later!), I had to force myself to follow through on a coffee date or some such thing. I still do sometimes. But I'm nowhere near the recluse I had become during my months of severe depression and anxiety. My current struggle, as mentioned before, is using alcohol to self-medicate feelings of anxiety. I keep trying to use alternative strategies and am successful at reducing the anxiety while I'm doing them (pat on the back) but it always (usually) returns. I have to stop taking the easy way out! Just think how good I'll feel when I lick this problem!

Comment

Anxiety is a true monster that must be contained. Other mental illnesses issues arise from true anxiety. Antidepressants can help a lot like Celexa that was chemically engineered to target anxiety and stress. I take diazepam twice a day that is just for my anxiety. Having control of it helps with everything.

Buddy Mack.
          "If we new what we were doing we wouldn't call it research......" Albert Einstein

Comment

P Jane

It's very hard for me to see this sentence ( anxiety on a daily basis ) as a link .. & resist the temptation of pressing it .. because ANXIETY a is very common challenge .. & knowing how to deal with it is always a problem for me ..
            Anxiety does not necessarily mean being ANXIOUS for no obvious reason .. not for me at least ..
            You can always find out the reason behind your ANXIETY .. because it might not be an illusion .. there might be a good reason to feel ANXIOUS .. & finding out what is IT might help a lot .. because it's maybe a problem you can't deal with .. you have no control on it ..
            Trust your mind .. find it out ..
            if you can do something about it then try it .. it can make you feel better .. less anxious ..
            If you can't do anything about it .. try to forget it .. by keeping your mind busy .. & that's why being with other people is important .. they can make you forget .. if they can't .. then you have the wrong company .. you're feeling LONELY despite the fact that you're not ALONE ..
            I've been through this ..
            It's painful .. but not incurable ..
            Please don't get me wrong .. .. I'm not a SUPERMAN ..
            I've been though this .. but I survived it .. I lived to tell ..
            Good luck
            Last edited by Jafar the wizard; February 13, 2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X