starting a new journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting a new journey

Hi everyone ..I'm new to these forums ..just trying to reach out and meet others who have bipolar ..I was diagnosed a few years now but I just started accepting it this past July ...anyways just trying to involve myself so I can understand more of how people cope with this ..

Welcome gianni. I'm also fairly new to the forums. In the early 90s I was diagnosed with bipolar. I've been on many different medications, some have worked and some haven't.
    About 8 yrs ago I was put on a drug called Seroquel and life for me has been pretty stable since. I believe that the forums can be a huge support as well I attend a support group here at home. I'm glad your here gianna. Hope you keep coming back.

Comment

Thanks for reply I was hoping there Is some support groups in my area I just don't see them anywhere

Comment

Hello Gianni555 and welcome. I don't know exactly where you live , nor how mobile you are. You might want to try the following websites to see if any peer support groups are near you.

http://www.centralhealthline.ca/list...ion=YorkRegion https://211ontario.ca/search-service...l6ZSI6MTB9fQ== and http://www.mooddisorders.ca/peer-sup...across-ontario The last site has numerous groups in Toronto if you go down to T.O and click on the link.

In the meantime please don't hesitate to ask questions, answer other people's questions and/or use the forums to vent out a few of life's frustrations. Thx and Take Care. paul m

Last edited by paul m; February 15, 2017, 01:43 AM.
        "Alone we can do so little;
        Together we can do so much"
        Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome Gianni. I'm glad you decided to join. I'm also fairly new. I have been on every kind of medication (seroquel included) and have finally found a cocktail that works well for me. I'm doing really well lately. I have been off work on disability for the past couple of years but am now planning on returning to work. I'm nervous and excited about that. I hope you get some good support from this forum and I hope you find a support group in your area.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Gianni555. You'll find us to be a friendly supportive group of people. I'm glad you can join us.

Serenity, a welcome to the forums to you too.
            AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
            for not being what they believe they should be.
            -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Gianni555 and Serenity!
              uni

~ it's always worth it ~

Comment

Welcome aboard Gianni
                im new here too & I have bipolar 2
                Wish you all the best

Comment

Working...
                X