Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music

Listening to music really helps me when I need it.
    I read/know that it also helps others in the same situation.

Just wondering, what kind of music do you guys listen to when youre feeling that kind of way?

Any favorites?

A few of mine:
    Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Time - Pink Floyd
    Breathe - Pink Floyd
    "Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to make them all yourself." -Groucho Marx

I'm a member in a Facebook group of Bee Gees fans ..
    but of course music for me is not only Bee Gees .. they are my favorites .. but not the only favorites .. music is a world to explore ..
    Last edited by Jafar the wizard; October 15, 2017, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Hello MrsJekyllHyde. I sometimes have to be careful of listening to mournful or unhappy songs as they can drag me down. I love Gordon Lightfoot but his hit "The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald" can leave me going down. If I am in a down mood , something by Steppenwolf might help. However in general I'm not much of a music guy, I would rather listen to an all sports radio station to take my mind off of my problems. But different strokes for different folks.

Good idea for a thread, thx for bringing it up. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

music can very very powerful, sometimes it lifts us up, sometimes i brings back bad memories... I recall my grade 11 music teacher has a saying, "There is only two types of music.....Good music and Bad music...." If you really think about it he was right.

Comment

I also have a list of 'happy songs' which are up-beat and can usually make me feel some sort of 'up' when I listen to them.... The very first song I labeled as a 'happy song' was Grace Kelly by Mika
          "Learn from the mistakes of others, you can never live long enough to make them all yourself." -Groucho Marx

Comment

Music indeed has an insane influence on our everyday life. Whenever you listen to your favorite songs, it gives you the emotions that you once felt, and it might even give you flashbacks from the past, which is also tremendous. But, it can also bring back some bad memories that you tried to forget, so you have to be careful. Music helps everyone express their feelings, not only the artists. I don't think a single person in the entire world doesn't like music. That's why platforms with sound free music are so popular—considering that many people worldwide can't buy a specific subscription to a streaming service, they look for free options as they need music!
            Last edited by Sativea; February 4, 2022, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X