Needing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing help

I'm struggling and in desperately needing help let me just first say I have no doctor and no psychiatrist. I've been trying to get one since March when my psychiatrist retired shortly after this happened my family doctor went on leave and they have no clue when he will be back and bassicly told me to get a new family doctor. since he's been gone they have had a doctor take over his patients but has not helped me get a new psychiatrist and bassicly sluffs me off. I have been exhausted since my daughter been born a year ago I don't think I'm the proper meds as I've been manic on and off and did something horrible while I was on a trip to Vegas recently I did coke and cheated on my fiance with a girl I'm also a girl I also spent tons of money
    ​​​​​​. I just really need help I want to be a good mother that doesn't do stuff like this and doesn't sleep all the time and be a good fiance.

Hello Roses and welcome. You might want to check out the Manitoba mood disorders website to see if the have any support groups near you or any other assets that you can use http://www.mooddisordersmanitoba.ca/events/

A couple of things that may help(may not too). When I was in a really bad phase I knew that I couldn't handle money, so I had my wife take my names off of the bank accts and she also held onto my charge cards. This not only helped me by not allowing me to spend money, it also didn't allow me to spend money in bars that were equipped with polls. Or for that matter any bar. Very hard to pick up women when you don't have 2 cents in your pocket.

That helped with the hypomania and I didn't crash into deep suicidal behaviour when I was no longer blowing all of my money on the wrong things.

I still needed meds and help, but at least it was a start for me. Eventually I found a cocktail of meds that I could live with.

In order to find a new shrink you may want to try calling psychiatrists in your area. They probably won't take you on with out a family doc referral, but at least you will know if one is taking on new patients and then you can bug you family doc for the referral. I know that this shouldn't happen, but it does. Good Luck and Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Welcome to the forum Roses30. Paul has given you some good advice. Although by no means ideal, there is the option of the hospital ER if needed. I don’t know where you live in Manitoba but that might get you the help you need sooner than without. It’s disturbing that the health care system sometimes only responds in a helpful way when there’’’ is a crisis.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

hi there, in Ontario, if someone have a mental illness emergency, they can go to the ER, and be seen by a psychiatrist and that doctor can follow up with the patient on a long term basis. Waiting for a family doctor's referral takes forever, in my experience, the family doctors are no experts in mental illness, they were trying to "talk me out of my depression" by showering inspirational quotes. go to ER if you need a doctor immediately, sometimes, you even have to make it sound like your illness is really severe in order to be admitted as an inpatient (if you are acutely suicidal and needs medications right away.)

Comment

Working...
        X