Bipolar Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bipolar Depression

My last manic episode was November 1, 2019. Since then I have been in a fog, on medication which includes Invega Sustenna. Everyday I am tired and can't seem to satisfy my need to sleep. Anyone relate or have any insight into Invega Sustenna the shot?

*November 1, 2018*

Comment

Hi FriedEgg. I was manic mid-September - mid-November 2018, and then fell into a depression that I finally pulled out of in early March. It was much milder than what I'm used to, but definitely affected my life. I'm not foggy from the meds, but I sure have been from the depression! I think I can probably relate a bit to what you're going through. I haven't tried invega sustenna... the shots are almost the only meds I haven't been on at some point, except for a couple of the very new ones. I'm very lucky in having a psychiatrist who is a bit of a wizard, and who also takes my thoughts and suggestions very seriously. My meds were changed in November in the small space between mania and depression, and together we seem to have come up with a cocktail that keeps me more level than I have been in years without making me unable to function. The fact that I didn't completely crash and was only fairly mildly depressed after that bad a mania proves it. My advice would be to talk to your doc if your current med combination isn't working for you. I know that not everyone is lucky enough to have a doc like mine, but hopefully if you work together you can figure something out.
      Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

Hi Gossip. That's a long time to be in mania for - 2 months! I couldn't imagine. It does help to have a doctor who is receptive to what we're saying and what we need. I'm just always tired. I wake up and I can't wait to get back to bed again where it's comfortable and I don't have to talk to anyone...

Comment

Yup... two months of full-on mania followed by four months of depression. I'm a student, and it's been a hell of a year!

Comment

You sound like you have a hold on your bipolar. Like you’re on the right mix of meds now. Is that the case?

Comment

I guess we're going to find out. I have a seasonal pattern. I usually crash big time in roughly April and October but it could go either way - mania or depression. If it's mania, the depression follows, but if it's depression I usually can pull out of it and move on. That mania was right on schedule, but since I've only had a mild depression after it (even though it lasted four months) I think my meds are holding this time. I hope so! I haven't been manic like that in almost 15 years, and it's not a place I want to go back to any time soon.

Comment

and it's not a place I want to go back to any time soon.
                I'll add an 'amen' to that!
                AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
                for not being what they believe they should be.
                -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

I gotta agree. I don't miss having full blown mania in the least. Take Care. paul m
                  "Alone we can do so little;
                  Together we can do so much"
                  Helen Keller

Comment

Thanks for replying AJ and Paul M.

Comment

Working...
                    X