Is it normal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it normal?

Is it normal to feel like you're in a bubble everyday and you're just waiting for the bubble to pop to feel like you're living a normal life like everyone else? I sleep for 12 hours every night and still can sleep more after I wake up. I don't know if I'm being lazy or if I'm experiencing a depression or a sedation effect from my medication, Invega Sustenna. I'm having a hard time staying awake and feel like I'm living a normal existence. Don't people do more with their days when they wake up? Not just wake up to go to sleep again? I'm trying to remember what I used to do before I fell into 2 manic episodes and was hospitalized. I used to do Yoga, go for walks, cook and clean, write, take photos. Now all I do is sleep. What would you do if you were in my position? Talk to the doctor about medication? See a Psychologist?

Hi FriedEgg. I would start with my doctor. Sometimes it's hard to sort out what is about a need for medication tweaks and/or what is a downward shift in mood.
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks AJ. Itís been a battle to understand why I want to sleep so much. I have to see my doctor. Thank you for replying.

Comment

Good luck sorting it out. Keep us posted.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hello FriedEgg. Many medications make it difficult to get up in the morning.. You could try taking your evening medication @7pm. You also find out if the med can be split. When I was on heavy doses of serequel I found it easier taking the medication two times a day, rather than once. You should also talk with your doc about dosage. Good Luck and Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

It's the monthly shot of Invega Sustenna that I receive, no pills. I just feel that I'm not in reality.

Comment

Working...
            X