Recently Diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently Diagnosed

Hello. I've recently been diagnosed with bipolar 1. My husband got arrested and then my whole entire life flipped upside down. I can't handle any emotions. It's like I flicked a switch in my head cause I was so sad. And now I can't flick it back on. I ended up cheating on him once just to try to feel something! Anyways I felt major guilt and couldn't hold back any tears. But then it's like the switch in my head took over... Does anyone else experience symptoms like that?

I was just recently diagnosed too, in September of last year. I haven’t had any symptoms like this before, a switch going off.

Comment

Hello lisahearnden28 and welcome. I can't say it was like a switch going on or off, but at times I've had sudden episodes of mania or depression or mixed states and it seems at the time as if I can't control them . I've done things suddenly that I had not intention of doing. Take Care. paul m
      "Alone we can do so little;
      Together we can do so much"
      Helen Keller

Comment

H Lisahearnden28 and welcome to the forums. Rapid and utter chaos can suddenly become my reality. Fortunately the sudden descent into chaotic disorder has not happened to me in quite some time.
        AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
        for not being what they believe they should be.
        -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Working...
        X