Bipolar no meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bipolar no meds

I was diagnosed with bipolar 1 and i am afraid to to take meds. I did try one and it made me feel very sleepy. Recently I am getting brain zaps where I feel my head buzzing. Has anyone else had this ?

Hello Anna48 and welcome. The brain zap could be caused by several different meds. Ask your pharmacist , they may be able to help and they know most drugs better than doctors. Take Care. paul m
    "Alone we can do so little;
    Together we can do so much"
    Helen Keller

Comment

Hello Anna48 and welcome to the forum.
      AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
      for not being what they believe they should be.
      -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Hi Anna48

I too have had brain zaps before I started taking any meds. I never would have related it to my illness had you not said this in your post. Thanks for sharing this. I’ll have to look into this with my family doc, therapist, psychiatrist and see if there’s more to brain zaps than I had originally thought. I thought it was just a pinched nerve or something.

Comment

I’m getting so scared that I think it’s a tumour. I can’t explsin it . It feels like for a moment my head or brain is buzzing.

Comment

I’ve had a brain scan and an MRI on my head during the start of my process of being diagnosed with bipolar and it was clean of tumors. I had been have zaps at least 10 years before that so hopefully that eases your mind a bit.

Comment

Working...
            X