Hard time focusing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard time focusing

I have been having a very hard time focusing lately. I have a course that i have started. The course is 1 year long in time and i have done 3 months so far. I just cant sit down and do it. When i try i end up crying. I also have a youtube channel that is doing very well, and i cant even make videos because i have motivation. Work is also a struggle I hate it and dont want to be there. I need help focusing anyone know any tips? So i can get to work and start using my time wisely.

I don’t have any tips, Blacktiger111 but I’m looking forward to suggestions from others because I’m still struggling with focusing, motivation and energy....sigh.

Comment

Hi BlackTiger111. For me that's pretty textbook moderate depression. If it was me I'd be chatting with my doctor about it.
      Pressure makes diamonds....

Comment

Hi BlackTiger,
        i am finishing up my masters degree and I feel you; motivation is something I struggle with constantly. I do agree depression could be causing some issues and you may want to see your doctor about this. On the other hand, it does sound like you have a lot going on. You may want to break it down into smaller, clearer steps because I imagine the bigger picture looks rather overwhelming. Also, treat whatever you do accomplish in a day as an accomplishment, regardless of how small it may be. It does help build momentum. So, you'll have to try to fight back against the negative voice that is telling you you aren't doing enough and believe that you are working toward something.

Comment

I agree with MissMoods. My depression causes me to have zero motivation but I still need to get my work done.

I find it helps to focus on one task at a time and push through. On days like today when my motivation and energy are at a zero, I focus on the smaller less important tasks that I can knock off my list easier than some of my regular work. That way, when I look back on my day I feel like I’ve accomplished something instead of letting the whole day get a way from me.

Comment

Good advice psparks. This is a constant battle for me me as well. Even if I have absolutely zero energy and motivation I try to do just something, anything. It is very challenging some days and I have had no good solution to it. Something is better then nothing is my train of thought.

Comment

Is it a change in meds that's making it difficult to focus? Have you tried going to your study skills center or student resources center to see if they can help you sit down and study with some new study tips? Is it time for a med change?

Comment

Working...
              X