Positive news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positive news!

Most people would say this is a small thing, but I know people on here will understand why it isn't.

I'm never stable in the fall. Not for at least the past 10 years. This year I AM! And I don't know what to do with all this not-falling-apart-and-messing-up-my-life-ness!

I made a point of thanking the doc when I saw her today. She changed my meds around last November after a 2 month manic crisis, and she obviously found the magic formula! She's only been treating me for 3 years. I've been diagnosed for over 20. Better late than never, for sure, but I can't help thinking how different my life would have been if I'd found her sooner....
    Pressure makes diamonds....

I'm doing a happy dance for your positive news Gossip!
    AJ

Humans punish themselves endlessly
    for not being what they believe they should be.
    -Don Miguel Ruiz-

Comment

Thanks AJ, that definitely makes two of us!

Comment

That is life changing for sure. Good for you. I do get it and that’s right on. 20 years after being diagnosed, I’ve always believed the longer and harder the battle the sweeter the victory. That means there could be a victory around the corner for all of us that are struggling. Never stop trying I say.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Comment

Congrats Gossip. Thx for sharing as it gives everyone hope. Take Care. paul m
          "Alone we can do so little;
          Together we can do so much"
          Helen Keller

Comment

Thank you both... it is pretty amazing! Honestly I don't understand all the posts from people who sound desperate to get off medication. Even when it wasn't working as well as it could have, medication has definitely kept me alive for the past 23 years. That makes it something I welcome!

Comment

Congrats on being stable this Fall, Gossip. It sounds like you've got a great Psychiatrist to help you along the way.

Comment

Working...
              X